SFsoundguy

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
Give it a wk or two. When stuff starts rattling and you notice panel gaps, please report back.

Having said that, can't wait to get mine :)
Im sure they will appear and hopefully Ill be able to fix most of them as I have done with my other cars Ill report back for sure.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SFsoundguy

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Give it a wk or two. When stuff starts rattling and you notice panel gaps, please report back.

Having said that, can't wait to get mine :)
Funny but I remember my most rattly squeaky car was a early 2000's 911 it was so bad the service department actually gave me a small bottle of talc to "puff" into the panels and rubber seal strips to get some silence. It actually worked.

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Picked up my R1S Yesterday 4 years 25 days after making my reservation for a LG FE 22”s. The delivery process was a joy as simple if not easier than when I bought my Tesla. In and out in under an hour.

First impressions form day 1 and 45 miles driven. I will do a full review in a few weeks after I’ve lived with it, washed it, and ceramic coated it 

Fit and Finish: Absolutely perfect zero panel gaps everything lines up and all trim is tight and fitted nice and snug. On par with many of my other cars Porsche, MB, Audi, Range Rover at their delivery and better than my Tesla S at delivery.

Paint: Perfect it is blemish free no nibs or compound marks noticed one very small chip/rub mark that was fixable with my Rivian touchup paint.

Interior: Perfect very good no marks and seat bolsters are fitted perfectly everything works and it is also fitted well.

Sound system is top of class for sure.

The AC fan on low is very similar to how my eTron was at delivery noticeable but not annoying

The compressor is noticeable but very low I was worried based on a lot of comments here that it would be loud its fine.

The ride is amazing given the power to weight ratio its understandable that it’s a peppy bouncy ride reminds me of a Cheetah all muscle but without a flexible spine so super fast but you feel it  .

CONGRATULATIONS!! Looks awesome!!

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That is beautiful and congratulations. However, I am sorry but I am pretty sure that the rules of this forum dictate that you must find something to kvetch about. ;-)

DrTroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Executive
[/QUOTE]
Rivian R1T R1S Picked up my R1S Yesterday and I have zero complaints R1S

Congratulations on getting yours!
Just curious if this a gap that's normal or is it something that needs to be adjusted.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
R1S.png

Just curious if this a gap that's normal or is it something that needs to be adjusted.
[/QUOTE]
as designed; the seat articulates when it is adjusted. looks funny and IMHO is a strange design choice.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

R1S.png

[/QUOTE]
Normal

OP
OP
SFsoundguy

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S.png

[/QUOTE]
Its normal just the a way to let the seat bottom move / tilt

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Congrats on your R1S...looks like my same configuration which I have scheduled delivery in 12 days!!! I am chomping at the bit!

See you around the Bay Area soon!

Last edited:

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Config Twins!

Get so many compliments its ridiculous. LG / FE is going to be rare as hens teeth.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Im sure they will appear and hopefully Ill be able to fix most of them as I have done with my other cars Ill report back for sure.
I am at 13k and a few interior rattles have shown up at different temps over time. Have been able to squash all of them without much difficulty. Also squashed many of the exterior I have had.

I have yet to have a vehicle that didn't require a few tweaks overtime to rid it of the various noises and rattles.

carmigo

Site Sponsor
First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rivian in the easiest way possible.
Picked up my R1S Yesterday 4 years 25 days after making my reservation for a LG FE 22”s. The delivery process was a joy as simple if not easier than when I bought my Tesla. In and out in under an hour.

First impressions form day 1 and 45 miles driven. I will do a full review in a few weeks after I’ve lived with it, washed it, and ceramic coated it 😊

Fit and Finish: Absolutely perfect zero panel gaps everything lines up and all trim is tight and fitted nice and snug. On par with many of my other cars Porsche, MB, Audi, Range Rover at their delivery and better than my Tesla S at delivery.

Paint: Perfect it is blemish free no nibs or compound marks noticed one very small chip/rub mark that was fixable with my Rivian touchup paint.

Interior: Perfect very good no marks and seat bolsters are fitted perfectly everything works and it is also fitted well.

Sound system is top of class for sure.

The AC fan on low is very similar to how my eTron was at delivery noticeable but not annoying

The compressor is noticeable but very low I was worried based on a lot of comments here that it would be loud its fine.

The ride is amazing given the power to weight ratio its understandable that it’s a peppy bouncy ride reminds me of a Cheetah all muscle but without a flexible spine so super fast but you feel it :) .
IMG_9953.jpeg
IMG_9955.jpeg
IMG_9956.jpeg
4 years?! Wow, i gotta applaud your patience. Congrats on the new ride though, she's beautiful! Worth the wait.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I am at 13k and a few interior rattles have shown up at different temps over time. Have been able to squash all of them without much difficulty. Also squashed many of the exterior I have had.

I have yet to have a vehicle that didn't require a few tweaks overtime to rid it of the various noises and rattles.
What interior rattles did you have and how did you get rid of them?

OP
OP
SFsoundguy

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Aka_Buck

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, 530e
Occupation
Work

Can you share how you got rid of some interior rattles! I've got a passenger side one around the A piller that I plan on addressing whenever the tonneau fix is scheduled
Sponsored