Sponsored

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
Picked up my R1S Yesterday 4 years 25 days after making my reservation for a LG FE 22”s. The delivery process was a joy as simple if not easier than when I bought my Tesla. In and out in under an hour.

First impressions form day 1 and 45 miles driven. I will do a full review in a few weeks after I’ve lived with it, washed it, and ceramic coated it 😊

Fit and Finish: Absolutely perfect zero panel gaps everything lines up and all trim is tight and fitted nice and snug. On par with many of my other cars Porsche, MB, Audi, Range Rover at their delivery and better than my Tesla S at delivery.

Paint: Perfect it is blemish free no nibs or compound marks noticed one very small chip/rub mark that was fixable with my Rivian touchup paint.

Interior: Perfect very good no marks and seat bolsters are fitted perfectly everything works and it is also fitted well.

Sound system is top of class for sure.

The AC fan on low is very similar to how my eTron was at delivery noticeable but not annoying

The compressor is noticeable but very low I was worried based on a lot of comments here that it would be loud its fine.

The ride is amazing given the power to weight ratio its understandable that it’s a peppy bouncy ride reminds me of a Cheetah all muscle but without a flexible spine so super fast but you feel it :) .
Rivian R1T R1S Picked up my R1S Yesterday and I have zero complaints IMG_9953
Rivian R1T R1S Picked up my R1S Yesterday and I have zero complaints IMG_9955
Rivian R1T R1S Picked up my R1S Yesterday and I have zero complaints IMG_9956
Sponsored

Last edited:

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

The R1S looks so good with those 22’s. Glad you’re happy so far- I’ve loved my R1T the past 8 months

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
This is awesome! Very excited to hear all these posts about vehicles being made with zero quality defects. Assuming this is becoming more the norm than the exception, then the service centers can get caught up and we can get to 1-2 weeks out for appointments vs several months.

Congrats and enjoy! These things are amazing!

Reactions: Guy

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Oh Yeah!

Rivian R1T R1S Picked up my R1S Yesterday and I have zero complaints 1675557161238

Ryanj

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi e-tron, R1S preorder
We will be trading in our eTron for the R1S so I look forward to reading your review. It’s very smooth and quiet and I have never heard the compressor so I have been a little concerned about that based on the reviews too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SFsoundguy

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We will be trading in our eTron for the R1S so I look forward to reading your review. It’s very smooth and quiet and I have never heard the compressor so I have been a little concerned about that based on the reviews too.
Its not as quiet as the eTron that's for sure since its a functioning compressors both usable and for suspension the head/control box is connected to the system hence the sound travels and is audible in the cabin. The Audi is just air suspension. I got rid of the eTron back in 2020 due to all the build issues and problems I had I was an early adopter of the eTron too. In fact all my EV's have been Gen 1 / Year 1 and they have all had their quirks.

Last edited:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Its not as quiet as the eTron that's for sure since its a functioning compressor both usable and for suspension the head/control box is connected to the system hence the sound travels and is audible in the cabin. The Audi is just air suspension. I got rid of the eTron back in 2020 due to all the build issues and problems I had I was an early adopter of the eTron too. In fact all my EV's have been Gen 1 / Year 1 and they have all had their quirks.
There are actually 2 separate compressors. One for suspension and one for tires, etc.

Ryanj

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi e-tron, R1S preorder
That makes sense and it’s good to hear that it’s not too bad. Ours is a 2019 and although our first Audi, I have been impressed with the build quality. Knock on wood no issues other than the dealerships attempt to make service money. That has just been a laughable experience in what they seem to make up for service requirements. My favorite was lubricating the sunroof. Anyway, can’t wait for ours! Hopefully this new delivery window sticks. 😳

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Its not as quiet as the eTron that's for sure since its a functioning compressors both usable and for suspension the head/control box is connected to the system hence the sound travels and is audible in the cabin. The Audi is just air suspension. I got rid of the eTron back in 2020 due to all the build issues and problems I had I was an early adopter of the eTron too. In fact all my EV's have been Gen 1 / Year 1 and they have all had their quirks.
Is your VIN a 2023? Curious the last few digits.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Great news! Enjoy in good health!

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
What's your VIN # last few digits?

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Give it a wk or two. When stuff starts rattling and you notice panel gaps, please report back.

Having said that, can't wait to get mine :)

OP
OP
SFsoundguy

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles