Picked up new R1T Ocean Coast today - some small Issues

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
You’ve had a horrible experience and are justifiably upset. What should have been an exciting and enjoyable experience sounds like it has been one disappointment after another - and a huge time suck. Having acknowledged all of that, I think you’re hard pressed to obtain (or demand) compensable damages beyond the value of the truck.

Did we sign a dispute resolution and/or indemnity clause as part of the purchase agreement which limits Rivian liability? I would think legal action would be only means to recover compensation and you may have waived that with the purchase agreement.

In any case, I hate that you’ve been the victim of such a bad experience and hope Rivian makes it right for you. Hoping for better Rivian days ahead for you.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
So which is it? Agreed a replacement is warranted.
Sorry, the manager on the day of delivery told me that I could get another truck if I wanted. At the time I took the truck but I probably shouldn't have. I was thinking just the small areas next to the gear tunnel hinge would have to be painted. I found a lot more issues since. The last two emails. I've asked about replacing the truck. The guide responded in between those two simply asking for my contact phone numbers which they already had. But said nothing about getting a different truck. I replied to that email again reiterating everything and asking about getting a different truck and that was almost 2 weeks ago.

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
They are working on it now and called to let me know how it was going. They also wanted to know if I knew about a small burnt area in the carpet. No, I did not know about it. It was under the back floormat. They are replacing it too. They sent a pic and I do also see marks on the back of the seat, hope they whip off.
Rivian R1T R1S Picked up new R1T Ocean Coast today -  some small Issues 1670368142345
Rivian R1T R1S Picked up new R1T Ocean Coast today -  some small Issues 1670368159302

The loaner also has some issues. Rattling from I think, the tailgate. Just today it started making a thump when starting to move forward. It also started showing an "Entrapment button not working error" and it's now in the turtle(?) mode. The regen stopped working, I think it because it's been colder out but it was a little scary the first few times I needed to stop and it didn't after letting off the excelerator like it had before.

Rivian R1T R1S Picked up new R1T Ocean Coast today -  some small Issues 1670368065487

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
To be clear, your truck is in the Rivian SC with technicians trying to correct cosmetic issues with your vehicle?

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
To be clear, your truck is in the Rivian SC with technicians trying to correct cosmetic issues with your vehicle?
Yes and I'm concerned about all the things they have to take apart and put back together and if there will be more damage. They they found the little melted spot and asked me about it. But I hadn't seen it as it was under the floor mat. Now the loaner is having some issues. It's paint is all good though.

Sponsored

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Did we sign a dispute resolution and/or indemnity clause as part of the purchase agreement which limits Rivian liability?
Purchaser agrees to binding arbitration.

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
I feel for you. I don't see how sloppy workmanship like this this can be repaired.

This truck should have been repurchased by Rivian.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/attachments/1665279084987-png.33116/
I found some stuff the day I picked up and as I found more I asked about getting another truck as they said I could but now they are now hiding behind the 7 days, even though they knew about some of these before delivering the truck and I told them about some on the lot during pick up and asked about getting a different one during the first week but that email was not answered.

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Another fun issue on the loner, as I was driving along I noticed that the speedometer was reading 89 mph and it continued to climb until I got to the next stop sign at around 150 mph. I was driving and already on the phone so I wasn't able to grab a picture but after stopping it seemed to zero out and reset. It's concerning that there's no protection for this critical display data. I wonder if they're looking at the speed of each motor or just one of the motors or one of the wheels or something. It just seems odd for the HMI to be able to display a completely inaccurate speed.

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
My guess is that the paint robots totally missed the hinges. Rivian thought that attacking this unpainted area with a paint brush was an acceptable repair on a $75k vehicle? They didn’t even bother to mask off the weatherstripping.

Rivian R1T R1S Picked up new R1T Ocean Coast today -  some small Issues 1673484278334

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
You can opt out of the forced arbitration if you email them within 30 days. Look up the rivian legal terms
Unfortunately it's been more than 30 days now as well. Of course, they never mentioned any of that to me. Simply stating that their legal team said they didn't have to take it back. Even though many of these issues were brought up the day I picked up the truck.
Sponsored