Sponsored

Pod lighting, aux, off-road, flood, lightbar -- anyone install these?

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Who has added Aux lighting? or are any company's making a good kit.
(I know 1EV has the a pillar kit with the 4 bangers but I'm not a fan of the keyfob and $300 over the price of the lights is a bit much if im only using the bracket)

My thoughts just to hopefully spur some conversation

Mounting
  • Something could be mounted on the tow hooks on the front
    • You can find clamps on amazon for $20 but there is not a lot of clearance from the bumper
  • Pods or light bar on the roof using the existing mounting points
    • Small 3" pods should not have a drastic arow impact
    • Maybe even with something for arrow with a light bar
  • Flush mount in the center under the light bar (would be cool but dont know if there is room behind there and most will not want to cut the holes)
  • a pillar- Is anyone else making an A pillar bracket and or kit?
  • A full rack on top with integrated lights like that SEMA white truck would be cool
wiring
  • I would love to tap the auto high beams (please lets not get into opinions of when lights should be used)
    • seems like the back of the headlights might be tricky to get to
  • has anyone added a switch inside yet? easy to do, just wondering where would be cleanest
  • Do we think that there will ever be a OTA update that gives us on screen aux switches (maybe to a spare in the fusebox)
  • We could even tap into the signal for the fogs as they require action in odder to turn them on every time
    • this would also give an nice indicator on the dash and need no additional switch.
  • anyone run power to the roof yet?

FYI we have a non-keyfob version too....in cab switch.

here is the close-up of the switch:
https://evsportline.com/products/mo...er-led-pod-lights?_pos=1&_sid=f17826da9&_ss=r

Rivian R1T R1S Pod lighting, aux, off-road, flood, lightbar -- anyone install these? Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 3.25.01 PM
Sponsored

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Who has added Aux lighting? or are any company's making a good kit.
(I know 1EV has the a pillar kit with the 4 bangers but I'm not a fan of the keyfob and $300 over the price of the lights is a bit much if im only using the bracket)

My thoughts just to hopefully spur some conversation

Mounting
  • Something could be mounted on the tow hooks on the front
    • You can find clamps on amazon for $20 but there is not a lot of clearance from the bumper
  • Pods or light bar on the roof using the existing mounting points
    • Small 3" pods should not have a drastic arow impact
    • Maybe even with something for arrow with a light bar
  • Flush mount in the center under the light bar (would be cool but dont know if there is room behind there and most will not want to cut the holes)
  • a pillar- Is anyone else making an A pillar bracket and or kit?
  • A full rack on top with integrated lights like that SEMA white truck would be cool
wiring
  • I would love to tap the auto high beams (please lets not get into opinions of when lights should be used)
    • seems like the back of the headlights might be tricky to get to
  • has anyone added a switch inside yet? easy to do, just wondering where would be cleanest
  • Do we think that there will ever be a OTA update that gives us on screen aux switches (maybe to a spare in the fusebox)
  • We could even tap into the signal for the fogs as they require action in odder to turn them on every time
    • this would also give an nice indicator on the dash and need no additional switch.
  • anyone run power to the roof yet?

....I added a kit, minus relay / harness / switch. Drops the price down to $472. This is for the customer who wants to do their own thing for wiring / switches / control. This $472 kit includes a set of mating connectors for the lights, so you and properly make your harness and avoid 'splices'

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
....I added a kit, minus relay / harness / switch. Drops the price down to $472. This is for the customer who wants to do their own thing for wiring / switches / control. This $472 kit includes a set of mating connectors for the lights, so you and properly make your harness and avoid 'splices'
When will you guys have just the brackets for sale?

Riptonite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S & Model X
Occupation
Aerospace
Clubs