Sponsored

Do you plan to put down $100 for the R2?

• Total voters

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Poll - Do you plan to place R2 Reservation for $100? 1000257355
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
No. We're a 1 driver, 1 vehicle household and don't have any need for a second vehicle after our R1S. I am excited about the R2 release and really looking forward to the eventual start of production and customer deliveries because it's the critical next step toward ensuring Rivian's future - which is important to me as both an R1 owner and shareholder.

OP
OP
R1 EVY

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

No. We're a 1 driver, 1 vehicle household and don't have any need for a second vehicle after our R1S. I am excited about the R2 release and really looking forward to the eventual start of production and customer deliveries because it's the critical next step toward ensuring Rivian's future - which is important to me as both an R1 owner and shareholder.
Totally makes sense. Thanks for voting!

Sponsored

OP
OP
R1 EVY

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

Yes. 16k into an R1S. Best car I’ve ever owned. No issues or concerns. I’d definitely consider another R in the family.
2k in and in the same boat. So much fun to drive.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

No. At least not in the immediate future.

I’m happy with my R1T and hope to keep it for a long time.

I also have a bit of “early adopter” fatigue. The truck is great. My almost fully electrified house is great. But each one has had its headaches and issues because of early-adopter type things.

Even if the R2 is absolutely brilliant, I’ll probably wait 1-2 years into production to give it serious consideration. I expect a really solid product though.

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

No.
I bought the R1S for a bigger vehicle as my son and his friends are now in high school and getting tall.
In 4 years, assuming he has left our home, I will look at the R2 as a replacement, but I see no need to put a deposit down now.

OP
OP
R1 EVY

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

No. At least not in the immediate future.

I’m happy with my R1T and hope to keep it for a long time.

I also have a bit of “early adopter” fatigue. The truck is great. My almost fully electrified house is great. But each one has had its headaches and issues because of early-adopter type things.

Even if the R2 is absolutely brilliant, I’ll probably wait 1-2 years into production to give it serious consideration. I expect a really solid product though.
I had to wait to get my max pack R1S. I'm glad because I have had major issues as a result so I totally get it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
R1 EVY

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

Yep, trading in the Model Y for something that has a good suspension.
Does the model y lack this? The R1S is my first EV so I'm clueless 😁.

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Does the model y lack this? The R1S is my first EV so I'm clueless 😁.
I can’t speak for the newer models with the “comfort suspension”, but the early Model Ys are way too stiff, crashy and unrefined. The upshot is they definitely feel more sporty, but that’s just not what I’m personally looking for in a crossover SUV.

OP
OP
R1 EVY

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

I can’t speak for the newer models with the “comfort suspension”, but the early Model Ys are way too stiff, crashy and unrefined. The upshot is they definitely feel more sporty, but that’s just not what I’m personally looking for in a crossover SUV.
That totally makes sense.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

While I think I will definitely consider a R2, I think I want a service center closer than 2.5 hours from me in the future. I am also hesitant to say I would say I would buy, when we don't really know anything about it. Although I am guessing its (assumed) smaller size would be a better fit for what I want. I may wait for a year or two after production begins and then see what the consensus is.

waitingonanr1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 QM R1S
Depending on the feature differences, I could definitely see myself trading in my R1 for an R2 - mainly for the reduction in size. I could see efficiency and insurance savings being motivating factors as well.
Sponsored