Sponsored

Poll- Will the delivery updates release as promised (end of October?)

Will the delivery updates release as promised (end of October?)

• Total voters
OP
OP
mabowden

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Interesting results. Towards the beginning of the poll the numbers were very favorable that Rivian would send out the comm's on time. Towards the end of the Poll people are more skeptical. Well, today through Monday is the crunch time to see who will be right!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Interesting results. Towards the beginning of the poll the numbers were very favorable that Rivian would send out the comm's on time. Towards the end of the Poll people are more skeptical. Well, today through Monday is the crunch time to see who will be right!
Cautiously optimistic is the Rivian way

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Remember all it is is a delivery window....that may be extended for certain circumstances at anytime.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We are waiting with bated breath. We have never had a delivery window. With an 11/18 preorder, they must still be serving those ahead of us in line.

Brian

Sponsored

OP
OP
mabowden

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
We are waiting with bated breath. We have never had a delivery window. With an 11/18 preorder, they must still be serving those ahead of us in line.

Brian
Yep, basically everyone getting a truck is still pre 11/18, you've got a ways to go!
/s

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

I think there is a distinct difference between "adding a delivery date" to your account/web page and actually having that date be "accurate"

I believe it's quite likely and not very much work to add a UI element to a website that displays a field from a database by the end of this month.

My point being - They can add the element now - easily - and should display what they feel is their current best guess. Meanwhile in the background they can optimize their delivery algorithm to try and get more and more realistic dates going forward. So while I think they'll update their website and add a new element to it "on time", I think anyone believing that the delivery of that UI component (seeing a date or number on the screen) implies ANY sort of hard/magical/set in stone delivery date breakthrough in conjunction with simply updating some HTML and JavaScript is likely to be disappointed.

So yeah, I'm optimistic we'll get a web UI update by end of month. I don't expect much more than that.
Sponsored