Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
VIN# 5590, so I think a pretty "fresh" build.
I have a similar build to yours but the vin is in the 4000s. I'm expecting some repairs will be needed when I get it - or it may have been rejected by someone and fixed and that's why it's now available. No idea. But appreciate your pictures. It's a beauty.
Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
8-steps opened for me this morning with vin 4523. Tells me they've got a few thousand somewhere between factory and SCs waiting for delivery. I'd expect that means delivery pace is going to ramp up again during June.
I have FE also and my vin is 4521. I think they may have reserved a batch of FE VINs in the 4000s and maybe they left the line later because they were waiting on the parts? Or they sat somewhere while they waited. Not sure.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I have a similar build to yours but the vin is in the 4000s. I'm expecting some repairs will be needed when I get it - or it may have been rejected by someone and fixed and that's why it's now available. No idea. But appreciate your pictures. It's a beauty.
My replacement for my 1500 vin is in the 3500 range…I feel that it may be the same case…but hey…as long as I don’t know about it’s history…I guess?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My replacement for my 1500 vin is in the 3500 range…I feel that it may be the same case…but hey…as long as I don’t know about it’s history…I guess?
yeah it's like buying a refurbished computer. Sometimes they are in better shape because someone has gone all the way through them and checked them out before you get it.

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
LOL I remember being lambasted online when us Tesla owners suggested bringing a checklist to the delivery center/showroom.

Meet the new boss ... ;)
THERE WILL BE SWEEPING CHANGES TO IMPROVE MORALE.
FIRSTLY, WE WILL DISCONTINUE THE "INSUFFICIENT MORALE BEATINGS".
WE HAVE ANNOUNCEMENT:
"TEAMBUILDING BEATINGS" WILL BE INITIATED UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES.
PLEASE SEND CONCERNS TO "WE CARE GREATLY SUGGESTION" BOX.

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
I don't want to discount your experience because it truly sucks that you have to deal with all of this with your new truck. I do think, to some degree, we hear more from the people with problems than from the people who don't have any. I'll throw my truck in there - I'm a member of another forum where we have a 3 page Google Doc that has about 40 or so checklist items to cover at delivery. I spent a good 30 minutes on delivery day going through each item before letting the excitement overwhelm me. My truck had just ONE single issue - a little nick on the front driver side yellow brake cover. And I barely even noticed it. No panel gaps, no dents, scratches, malfunctioning doors, etc... It was practically flawless.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model-Y, VW GTI, Holden Commodore (Chevy SS)
Occupation
Engineer, Business Owner, Sales Guy
I had some major issue with my truck delivered out of SD. Their PDI missed a ton of stuff. Their guys rushed the repairs and made things worse on several items. Ended up doing most of the panel fit and door fit corrections myself. Alignment still pulls right.
The kids at SD are great people but lack experience. Be careful.

Sponsored

fallen888

First Name
Kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, El Cap/black, power tonneau, 21"
Occupation
IT
Clubs

LOL I remember being lambasted online when us Tesla owners suggested bringing a checklist to the delivery center/showroom.

Meet the new boss ... ;)
Lol. But seriously, as a previous owner of Models S, 3, and Y, my R1T's build quality blows those Teslas out of the water. Panel gaps are decent, no paint issues, and nothing rattles while driving. I'd say Tesla is still by far the title holder for build quality issues.

I do think, to some degree, we hear more from the people with problems than from the people who don't have any... My truck had just ONE single issue - a little nick on the front driver side yellow brake cover. And I barely even noticed it. No panel gaps, no dents, scratches, malfunctioning doors, etc... It was practically flawless.
Agreed. Content people don't usually go on rants about their vehicle's build quality. Also, same here - no issues at all, with the exception of one gear tunnel door not popping open very well. Mobile service came out and adjusted it pretty quickly. Nothing else.. it's beautiful!

Last edited:

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer

anotherburrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3 LR + Boost
8-steps opened for me this morning with vin 4523. Tells me they've got a few thousand somewhere between factory and SCs waiting for delivery. I'd expect that means delivery pace is going to ramp up again during June.
I'm picking up a 6200 tomorrow.

MikeySea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model X
Occupation
Gainfully unemployed
Lol. But seriously, as a previous owner of Models S, 3, and Y, my R1T's build quality blows those Teslas out of the water. Panel gaps are decent, no paint issues, and nothing rattles while driving. I'd say Tesla is still be far the title holder for build quality issues.
100% correct.

snomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XV Crosstrek
Mine is 4413, haven't seen it yet...#nervous.
Someone here with the exact same config just had theirs delivered last week with a VIN in the 5800s. Mine is being delivered tomorrow, with a VIN in the 4900s. Curious about the discrepancy.... Not sure why mine is a later delivery but also an earlier built by about 1000 units.
Sponsored