Sponsored

(Pre March 2022 Orders) Switching from Quad + Max to Dual + Max will be treated as a completely new order.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
We knew that was going to be the case. The Dual Motor version was not available to configure pre 3/1, and when Rivian said they would honor pre 3/1 pricing for those reservation holders they made it clear that it would apply only to options available before 3/1.

If you want a config that was only introduced post-3/1 then you're going to reset into the new/current pricing.

OP
OP

1SikhRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
We knew that was going to be the case. The Dual Motor version was not available to configure pre 3/1, and when Rivian said they would honor pre 3/1 pricing for those reservation holders they made it clear that it would apply only to options available before 3/1.

If you want a config that was only introduced post-3/1 then you're going to reset into the new/current pricing.
Yep which is understandable, I just wasn’t expecting all the other prices to rise with this switch like wheels, accessories etc. Figured because they existed during the pre March orders they would stay static but I guess this is the option at hand.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Except that Rivian has actually added some options like the front PPF to pre-March 1 configurators. I kind of assumed that new options would be added at then current pricing, leaving everything else alone, since it would help Rivian sell more stuff that likely has better margins.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

This news also kinda makes it sound like Dual + Max will be on the new 800V platform and Quad + Max maybe remain on the 400V platform. But that would be kinda odd if they did it that way. And if they were going to keep Quad + Max on the current platform, then why delay all the way to 2024? Nothing makes sense. I sure hope that email Tony says we should expect within "weeks" actually comes and it has sufficient detail for us to make decisions vs raising countless additional questions.

Sponsored

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
I am a bit confused by the chat exchanges in OP. Is it that the dual motor + max pack option will be available to order by summer 2023? I am assuming this is limited to R1T, correct?

GR

OP
OP

1SikhRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I am a bit confused by the chat exchanges in OP. Is it that the dual motor + max pack option will be available to order by summer 2023? I am assuming this is limited to R1T, correct?

GR
Deliveries of Dual + Max will be happening around Summer 2023 as per Rivian. R1T only afaik.

Jumacao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T PDM MP CY, Tesla Model Y, Energica Eva
Occupation
Legal
I'd been waiting to see this confirmed somewhere, so thank you OP. I think with this news, I'm out. Back to waiting for the CT or Silverado EV.

In the spirit of Rivian though, I think I'll wait to cancel my reservation until 3-4 months before it's my turn to order.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Deliveries of Dual + Max will be happening around Summer 2023 as per Rivian. R1T only afaik.
No way. If Max pack is available by then, why in the world are preorder holders of Max pack with quad motors being delayed until 2024? Some of them ordered as early as 2019!

GR

OP
OP

1SikhRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
No way. If Max pack is available by then, why in the world are preorder holders of Max pack with quad motors being delayed until 2024? Some of them ordered as early as 2019!

GR
To push pre March reservation holders into paying in market rates to reduce profit losses.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
This news also kinda makes it sound like Dual + Max will be on the new 800V platform and Quad + Max maybe remain on the 400V platform. But that would be kinda odd if they did it that way. And if they were going to keep Quad + Max on the current platform, then why delay all the way to 2024? Nothing makes sense. I sure hope that email Tony says we should expect within "weeks" actually comes and it has sufficient detail for us to make decisions vs raising countless additional questions.
I think the Tony email is going to say in order to get the max pack (dual or quad motor) you need to go with the new motors and hence the new pricing.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Completely agree. If you want the new Enduro electric motors you will be paying the new pricing structure.

I fully understand the policy from a business perspective. If their wasn’t such a huge backlash to the higher price for reservation holders earlier this year everyone would be paying roughly $15k more for their R series truck.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

GR
Because they've been testing the single-motor Enduro drive units for at least (likely far more) six months and there's been zero talk of the dual-motor Enduro drive units. So given that it's Rivian and the Quad + Max delays, it's probably safe to assume they haven't even made any pre-production units yet. Hence Dual + Max coming out first.

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
To push pre March reservation holders into paying in market rates to reduce profit losses.
Sad to say, there may be something to this. Rivian has had two years to work on the quad R1T Max (I'm only counting from when the configurator went live and you could reserve one). I think it's telling that there were no any updates on the progress of the Max over that extended period.

We now have learned however that Rivian will deliver the dual-motor Max version, something not available to configure back in 2020, ahead of the quad. While we can't know what the internal process was at Rivian, I think we can safely say that the dual-motor Max was a priority while the quad was not.

I think the Tony email is going to say in order to get the max pack (dual or quad motor) you need to go with the new motors and hence the new pricing.
I would really like to believe that this is not the case, and that those of us who have been waiting for two or more years - and are prepared to wait a further two years - will be rewarded for our patience and faith. The realist part of me says however that you are likely right. Either that, or the quad Max will be put out to pasture just like the R1S Max, and reservation holders will either need to get the LR or cancel.
Sponsored