First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Seems weird to be posting a job listing for charging station locations.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Here are some locations I know of for charger locations that are pending jobs.

rivian chargers locations california.jpg
Pardon my ignorance, but what does "EP" stand for?

Sponsored

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Here are some locations I know of for charger locations that are pending jobs.

rivian chargers locations california.jpg
Hey Burner, is this list on the forum? I’d be interested to see if any are planned for Oregon.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
This is a new list most likely.
Thanks. I saw the Rivian Forums watermark and assumed there was a file somewhere showing all current EP openings.

OP
OP

Burner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taco
Thanks. I saw the Rivian Forums watermark and assumed there was a file somewhere showing all current EP openings.
Maybe I worded the post incorrectly. These aren't job openings but rather job locations for charging stations from the Utility side where a planning engineer for the utility would determine if they are suitable to connect or if the grid needs work to accommodate the load.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Burner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taco
The watermark was added I think when I uploaded. Not sure why...

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Looks like Yosemite will be covered, now we need Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Without a charger somewhere in the park, the trip to Cedar Grove will be rough.

ohmman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR, 2014 Model S P85
That's a ridiculous amount of proprietary charging density in the North Bay, if this is accurate. Corte Madera, Stinson Beach, Muir Beach, Sausalito are all easily covered by existing charging networks, or even a single Rivian location.

My understanding of the Rivian Adventure Network was that it would be providing last mile capacity to existing networks, enabling travel deep into National Forest and BLM areas especially when pulling a trailer. These don't seem to be in line with that mission.

That said, I have always welcomed more charging locations, even when they don't make immediate sense to me. If this is indeed accurate, it's possible it will allow Rivian to more easily access and monitor how their chargers are used and serviced without dispatching to remote locations. Also, infrastructure is readily available in the locations listed. Tesla has chargers in most of these areas already.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Looks like Yosemite will be covered, now we need Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Without a charger somewhere in the park, the trip to Cedar Grove will be rough.
Looks like that area would be Southern California Edison territory, right? If so, you'd need a source at SCE. This list is is probably from PG&E.

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
One within a few miles of my house and I am covered going north, now just need to see what there is between Santa Barbara and Disney and I will have full wife approval.
Sponsored