Sponsored

R1S camp kitchen

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
The R1S looks great. Wife says it's a grown up car unlike the toy truck. But I am still envious of the gear tunnel & kitchen. I like toys.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
That R1S looks great. Wife says it's a grown up car unlike the toy truck. I agree, but I am still envious of the gear tunnel & kitchen. I like toys.
Itā€™s already been reported that the R1S will get a kitchen too. It will go in the rear, accessible via the hatch. Bummer, since thatā€™s where my dog crate will go. Iā€™d like the kitchen too.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Itā€™s already been reported that the R1S will get a kitchen too. It will go in the rear, accessible via the hatch. Bummer, since thatā€™s where my dog crate will go. Iā€™d like the kitchen too.
Are you kidding or not? Not being rude, I just thought there would NOT be a kitchen for R1s

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
The S-1 mentions that they plan to offer the R1S kitchen at some point in the future. Who knows when it may actually happen.
You had better reading comprehension than me. Nice.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Iā€™d hope the R1S kitchen is made to take up half or less of the space behind the 2nd row, not the full width.

OP
OP
cwinters

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
The S-1 was full of all kinds of wishful thinking. I won't hold my breath on the R1S kitchen, or any other cool accessories that will be engineered for the gear tunnel.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The S-1 was full of all kinds of wishful thinking. I won't hold my breath on the R1S kitchen, or any other cool accessories that will be engineered for the gear tunnel.
There is zero chance that Rivian doesn't capitalize on the chance to sell as many accessories as possible. They've probably put more marketing and communication into the kitchen, tunnel, tent, speaker, flashlight, crossbars, etc. than they have the truck itself. They're building an opportunity for recurring revenue in the form of selling options/gear to their customers after the point of sale, so why wouldn't they cash in on that?

These accessories can/will have high margins, can be developed and released very quickly (as opposed to the timelines needed to develop new vehicles/vehicle features), will contribute to the adventure branding and corresponding marketing potential (i.e. people seeing/talking about novel features and gear with Rivians, which allows Rivian to sell the "idea" of adventure in the same way Apple sells the idea of productivity and artistry), and are applicable even to people that wouldn't normally be thinking about giving you money for another 5+ years. It's a brilliant situation for Rivian.

Besides, even in the (IMO) rare situation where Rivian doesn't fully embrace accessory production, third parties always come through when there's a buck to be made. The adventure audience seems particularly monetizable given how expensive and successful even incredibly niche camping/overlanding/sport/etc. gear is.

All that said, yeah, idk about an R1S kitchen. The gear tunnel is perfectly suited for accessories because its use for conventional things is a little limited, but giving up your trunk for the kitchen is a tough sell. Like if the R1T had the kitchen in the bed, I don't think it would be anywhere near as desirable. I'm sure they're experimenting with it though. Whether or not we see it might be dependent on how successful it is with the R1T because then Rivian has more incentive to have parity between the vehicles.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
R.J. confirmation of Rivian manufactured kitchen for R1S.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

Speculation here. They had the rear mounted camp kitchen for the R2 with the new accessory ports. I strongly suspect that the kitchen itself will be very similar to that across all models.

They didnā€™t share anything about it, so thereā€™s not much real info on where it fits.

Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
....They didnā€™t share anything about it, so thereā€™s not much real info on where it fits.
R.J.: "It fits on the back of the tailgate on the R1S and it fits on the tailgate of our R1T."
Sponsored