BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Just wanted to poke around the forum to see if anyone else had their R1S delivery or pickup rescheduled due to a back-up light issue? Sounds like there was a big batch of R1S deliveries that didn't meet Department of Transportation standards for rear back-up light brightness. Looks like Rivian isn't going to make that big push for the end of quarter numbers because of this.

Personally, I waited over 2 years, I can wait another week or two.
Sponsored

Guards Red Car

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Porsche Taycan, Tesla Model Y, Mini
Occupation
Physician
Same exact story here - I was scheduled for my R1S delivery today (03/25/2023) - Brooklyn, NY
I received the text at 7:34 PM last night - "...we've identified an issue with your backup lamps and will replace them before uniting you with your R1S..."

Disappointing - However, a few more days of waiting should not be a big deal - My R1S order was placed 1,493 days ago (Feb 19, 2019)

Rnh204

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra 1500, bmw m3, cayenne
Same exact story here - I was scheduled for my R1S delivery today (03/25/2023) - Brooklyn, NY
I received the text at 7:34 PM last night - "...we've identified an issue with your backup lamps and will replace them before uniting you with your R1S..."

Disappointing - However, a few more days of waiting should not be a big deal - My R1S order was placed 1,493 days ago (Feb 19, 2019)
Same here and I got the same exact text around 7:30. Bklyn service center as well. I literally just had the transporter take away my old car. But Rivian will get me a loaner at their cost in the interim.

William tom

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
After a 4 year wait for my R1S, yesterday was the day. Drove 2 hours to Portland for pickup and was eating lunch when I got a call an hour before delivery. Haven’t heard anything on when they’ll schedule redelivery yet but they’re going to try and make things right by bringing it to me this time around.
Ouch…

Sponsored

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
Love the patience and understanding you folks are showing here. Even with the major inconveniences, y’all are staying positive and rolling with it. It’s good to see!

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
oh boy, I have my delivery scheduled for next week and have a 2+ hr drive to the service center for pickup :) ... I guess I need to call the night before and have them check and make sure before I make the trek.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just wanted to poke around the forum to see if anyone else had their R1S delivery or pickup rescheduled due to a back-up light issue? Sounds like there was a big batch of R1S deliveries that didn't meet Department of Transportation standards for rear back-up light brightness. Looks like Rivian isn't going to make that big push for the end of quarter numbers because of this.

Personally, I waited over 2 years, I can wait another week or two.
Should ask for a discount.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

After a 4 year wait for my R1S, yesterday was the day. Drove 2 hours to Portland for pickup and was eating lunch when I got a call an hour before delivery. Haven’t heard anything on when they’ll schedule redelivery yet but they’re going to try and make things right by bringing it to me this time around.
Ouch…
This is more like it. Stay strong 💪

Sponsored

OP
OP
BrayBay

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Should ask for a discount.
Throw in a 12V frunk outlet, and all will be forgiven!

Love the patience and understanding you folks are showing here. Even with the major inconveniences, y’all are staying positive and rolling with it. It’s good to see!
Absolutely, although not everyone's situation is the same. I can see why someone would be upset if they traded in their only car or live no where near a service center. Hopefully Rivian makes it right for those situations.

I do feel bad for all the Rivian Guides and Service Center people who have to rush communicate to all delivery holders on a Friday night, and having to apologize for something they had no control over.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Throw in a 12V frunk outlet, and all will be forgiven!

Absolutely, although not everyone's situation is the same. I can see why someone would be upset if they traded in their only car or live no where near a service center. Hopefully Rivian makes it right for those situations.

I do feel bad for all the Rivian Guides and Service Center people who have to rush communicate to all delivery holders on a Friday night, and having to apologize for something they had no control over.
Fair enough.
Sponsored