Sponsored

R1S delivery delay poll

How long was your R1S delivery delayed in this last update (use last month of windows)?

• Total voters

echerod

First Name
Rodolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Finance
Would like to gather data on R1S delivery delays received in this last update (end of Oct 2022).
Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I have a follow up - does anyone still have a 2022 delivery date? I haven't seen any new 2022 dates yet and I'm wondering if they're pausing R1S production.

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
Just FYI,
I would consider Oct - Dec updated to Feb March to be a 5 month delay.
not a 2 month delay.

OP
OP

echerod

First Name
Rodolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Just FYI,
I would consider Oct - Dec updated to Feb March to be a 5 month delay.
not a 2 month delay.
Depends on how you count, but that's why I specified to use the last month of each of the windows, which in your example would mean a 3 month delay.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I guess I’m lucky as I was 1H23 and estimate is April-June so technically no delay.

I’m expecting the R1S shop to open up as certain batches are made and some orders are cancelled allowing many to get their vehicle earlier like many have with the R1T. 🤞

Sponsored

Sonartech

First Name
Sonar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Canyon Red R1S, Hyundai IONIC 5, Ford Lightning
Occupation
Battery Systems Engineer
Clubs

I ordered my R1S 3 hours after pre-orders opened, and they just pushed me out to July-Sept 2023. I've had a guide assigned for a year, now. I live 17 miles from a operating service center. I have no idea WTF Rivian is up to, but I couldn't care less at this point. I am just worn out. I will literally have retired by the time this ^&!$#@ SUV shows up, and I think Rivian is desperately hoping people like me will shit-can their $75k locked-in reservation because these cars are costing them a lot more than what they're getting from us. Just wait until next year, Rivian, when they cost $10-20k more. If they keep stringing us along a year-at-a-time, eventually we'll dump them, right?

We probably need a new poll asking who will be dumping their LE reservation in light of this latest delay...

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Delayed from when though. Originally we were told June 2022, then Q4-22, then first half 2023.... now I am told Feb-Mar 2023.....

OP
OP

echerod

First Name
Rodolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Delayed from when though. Originally we were told June 2022, then Q4-22, then first half 2023.... now I am told Feb-Mar 2023.....
From the previous window before this last update.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Then we need an option for moved up......
According to your previous post, I would not consider that you were moved up. 1H23 to Feb-Mar is “No Delay”.
i have not seen anybody moved up yet but very possible I missed it.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I guess I’m lucky as I was 1H23 and estimate is April-June so technically no delay.

I’m expecting the R1S shop to open up as certain batches are made and some orders are cancelled allowing many to get their vehicle earlier like many have with the R1T. 🤞
Me too - 1H23 -> April June 23.

Labradortransporter

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep 4Xe, VW atlas
Occupation
Finance
In January my estimate was 1h23, so 18 months worst case. Today my estimate is 2024, so 26 months worst case.

I am further away from getting my car than I was 11 months ago. The only way that happens is if they moved me backwards in line to some degree.

pdxdriver

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered R1S
Occupation
retired
I have a follow up - does anyone still have a 2022 delivery date? I haven't seen any new 2022 dates yet and I'm wondering if they're pausing R1S production.
My original order was April 2019- first delivery date was June 2021- then Feb 2022, then June-July 2022, then Oct- Nov. 2022. Just got a "dear John" email telling me now Feb 2023, almost FOUR years after my pre-order. Big surprise, they shut down their customer engagement chat and phone customer service today, no explanation. I am very concerned about how this company is run. They make Tesla look great.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
I am wondering if original Explore reservation holders are being penalized and shoveled to the back of the line. I ordered in early 2021 and my original estimate was 1H23. Now, it's 2024 (no Jan-Dec)!

I quickly skimmed through about the first 15 pages of the massive thread on new estimates people are reporting and I have seen preorders made after mine with earlier window.

My biggest concern is how a delivery in 2024 would affect BPA for the tax credit. I know it's not even guaranteed for delivery in 2023 and I am not sure if it would cover 2024.

GR
Sponsored