Sponsored

R1S delivery delay poll

How long was your R1S delivery delayed in this last update (use last month of windows)?

• Total voters

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder
the communication sucks so bad from Rivian... Literally told taht my delivery was on time and getting a guide any day (Oct-Dec 2022 window) at 1400 on Friday... then 2 hours later get the email we all got... Now Feb/March 2023

Just tell us the Damn reasoning... we can handle the truth, not this BS.
Sponsored

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
the communication sucks so bad from Rivian... Literally told taht my delivery was on time and getting a guide any day (Oct-Dec 2022 window) at 1400 on Friday... then 2 hours later get the email we all got... Now Feb/March 2023

Just tell us the Damn reasoning... we can handle the truth, not this BS.
They are hungry for cash and "positive" news to prop up stock prices. Otherwise, why would R1T orders placed only a few months ago have delivery estimates within the next several months?

GR

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Not sure if anyone else is feeling the same. But these delays have me once again evaluating how I feel about Rivian. I would classify myself an “enthusiast” as I’ve been on various Rivian forums for years. Saw Rivian in person at the LA Auto Show and immediately put down my $1,000. Was enthusiastically excited and vocal about my excitement for Rivian for years.

My problem is my excitement has faded rapidly in the last 6 months. Im sad to say I’m no longer an “advocate” for Rivian. I no longer talk about the company or vehicles with family and friends. The seemingly indefinite delays have squashed my excitement. I rarely check these forums anymore. Am starting to struggle to care about Rivian as a company anymore. If Rivian were to be bought or cease to exist and cancel all vehicles, I’m not sure I would care.

I’m keeping my order. And will drive the R1S for a period of time. But my original plan of keeping it for years…. We’ll have to wait and see but technology is improving and there is now better and better competition I honestly think I would rather have.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Not sure if anyone else is feeling the same. But these delays have me once again evaluating how I feel about Rivian. I would classify myself an “enthusiast” as I’ve been on various Rivian forums for years. Saw Rivian in person at the LA Auto Show and immediately put down my $1,000. Was enthusiastically excited and vocal about my excitement for Rivian for years.

My problem is my excitement has faded rapidly in the last 6 months. Im sad to say I’m no longer an “advocate” for Rivian. I no longer talk about the company or vehicles with family and friends. The seemingly indefinite delays have squashed my excitement. I rarely check these forums anymore. Am starting to struggle to care about Rivian as a company anymore. If Rivian were to be bought or cease to exist and cancel all vehicles, I’m not sure I would care.

I’m keeping my order. And will drive the R1S for a period of time. But my original plan of keeping it for years…. We’ll have to wait and see but technology is improving and there is now better and better competition I honestly think I would rather have.
For me, I am actually okay with the delay if it's applied to everyone equally. To see people ordering after me getting delivery windows before mine is just plain wrong, IMHO. It's not just prioritizing R1T over R1S. I am sure there are people with R1S orders placed after mine getting theirs ahead of me. That's what really has rubbed me the wrong way.

I used to be really excited about getting a R1S in my garage, but now I am actively looking for alternatives because it won't happen until 2024 at the earliest. :headbang:

GR
Sponsored