Sponsored

R1S Delivery Question For Those Who Ordered in 2021

Topher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 528i, Mercedes GLE 350, Subaru Forrester
Has anyone who ordered an R1S in 2021 received any recent info about when they can expect delivery? I ordered in mid 2021 and I am guessing that I won't be able to take delivery until late 2023, but I was just wondering if anyone has any better intel.
Thanks.
Sponsored

chillinEVdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Occupation
Gas passer
i haven't heard a peep. i ordered nov 2021. in my mind, i'm guessing 3rd quarter 2023 at best. likely 4th qtr 2023 or early 2024 like your estimate.

NormalLife

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
Nothing here either. Preordered mid-march 2021. In no hurry though.

Mari76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
I ordered last Dec and the email they sent out early this year stated 2nd half next year. I’m in no hurry though, gives me more time to save.

TXR1SMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 G63 AMG, 2020 X3M Competition
Occupation
Physician
Mid 2021 order. Originally had a 1H 2023 window. R1T orders seem to be getting filled with less and less gap between reservation and delivery, so with production ramping up maybe the R1S will be the same. I'm not holding my breath. If my next window gets pushed to too much later than mid 2023, I'll probably just start looking elsewhere and then flip the R1S for whatever small profit I can if/when it gets delivered.

Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Mid 2021. I have a 1H 2023 window. I'm hopeful I can have the vehicle next summer.

sperson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota (Prius, Rav4, Sienna), Honda Clarity
Occupation
The Cybers
February 2021 order. No contact.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

End of September you'll get an email telling u to look for an email at the end of October

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Same story. Ordered tail end of 2021. Haven't heard a thing.

I'm even on the "friends and family" priority list. I'm also in no rush since I just took delivery of a Tesla Model S. I don't think the wife will enjoy dropping cash for two expensive vehicles too close together haha.

• Sad
Reactions: Guy

Sponsored

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
Don’t waste any thought or energy trying to understand rivians plan lol…

I proeordered my R1S may 2019 and still have no estimated delivery window beyond 1H2023. I ordered my R1T the same day and I got it in June. I love 15 minutes from one of the major service centers too so the theory that they prioritize folks close to service centers even seems a bit wonky.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

the saying goes "the only certainty in life is uncertainty"

probably should be updated to say "the only certainly with Rivian is delivery uncertainty"

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
I have a "day one" order for the R1T (delivered) and R1S (S=0====0=N) and another ordered when the IPO window was closing (yep … genius investment … ) and I'm told the IPO order will arrive in "early" 2023. At least the price is not changing.

kdcold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2011 Toyota 4Runner, 2013 Infiniti JX35
Occupation
Banking IT Software Services
I proeordered my R1S may 2019 and still have no estimated delivery window beyond 1H2023. I ordered my R1T the same day and I got it in June. I love 15 minutes from one of the major service centers too so the theory that they prioritize folks close to service centers even seems a bit wonky.
Wow @SecretService! That just sucked all the air out of the room I'm in. Glad you got your R1T though!

I'm a July '21 R1S preorder.
Around my 1yr anniversary, I chatted with Kyle online, asked if the 1H23 estimate I was given in December '21 was still good and could I do anything to speed that up.
Kyle told me I have the configuration they were now prioritizing so no need to make any changes to get mine s00ner. He said Rivian would be sending me "a delivery window update between now and the end of summer that will give you our best estimation" on my delivery timing.
Nothing since.

So today I waited over 15 minutes to chat with Kelsey, who led with
"in June, we began sending updated delivery window estimates to R1T and R1S preorder holders. For preorder holders still waiting to hear about their delivery timelines, we will communicate the next round of updated windows in late October.
We'll also be sending an email with additional details the end of this month so that you know what to expect with Octobers' delivery window communications". Hmmm....End of this month is day after tomorrow. I hope they make that deadline.
Then she said something about a MaxPack, which is suspicious. But she apologized for that. When I questioned continued prioritization of R1Ts over R1S preorders, she said "We are producing both the R1S and R1T at this time".

Similar experience to you others, just way too much detail on my part. :blush: FYI
Sponsored