Sponsored

R1S Forest Edge delivered with wood headrest surround removed.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Next to go.. complicated air suspension
I had a Range Rover a few years ago and would actually prefer to not have the air suspension but I know a lot of people like them.
Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Maybe it was the mounting location? Wood inserts might not have lasted for heavy use of the location? Maybe gets scratches easily?
I'm sure you could find a wrap that closely matches the rest of the wood IF you were so inclined.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Friend of mine is going bald on the top of his head and says it's ok because he can't see it. Most of us won't see the back of our seats. Wood would have been nice but not a big deal.
I totally agree. It’s just FOMO since some got the wood now it feels like we are missing out on something. Honestly I would like to see more of the brushed metal they started using for speaker grills in the OC interiors.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
This one might actually based on some feedback. I can’t seem to find it now, but I swear I saw a video where someone said that the wood trim would catch on some garment types.

they actually complained that the wood trim was too rough.

If I find it again I’ll post it. I’m sure there was more detail. Any one with the trim try rubbing it with a towel?
Ya, I got a splinter during my test drive.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Well, as much as I have dissed on LR, those Brits know interior wood and leather. I’d argue, plastic belongs in an R2 line, and wood that doesn’t crack, belongs in the R1 line…cheerio.
If only we could figure out how to build the rest of the vehicle properly. BTW-when's the last time you heard a brit say cheerio? :CWL:

Sponsored

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
This one might actually based on some feedback. I can’t seem to find it now, but I swear I saw a video where someone said that the wood trim would catch on some garment types.

they actually complained that the wood trim was too rough.

If I find it again I’ll post it. I’m sure there was more detail. Any one with the trim try rubbing it with a towel?
yes the first week we tried wiping down the dash with a cotton towel and it snagged badly and left white lent embedded in the wood. While the rough natural wood looks great it’s going to be a pain to clean. Seems like the best option is a can of air like you would use to clean a computer keyboard as it doesn’t wipe well.

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

As a data point. I have R1S 1760. Picked it up on 12/24. Black mountain and has the wood headrest surround. I would be fine with either personally.

PeterSK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 FG/FE R1S, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
Retired / board director
Clubs

At some point they will realize that launching with 3 different interiors was a bad idea. 2 would have been enough. Even though Ocean Coast was problematic, it seems like a light and dark option makes most sense. I bet Forest Edge will disappear after the first year or so.
I'd be very surprised if they couldn't replace the insert on the back. It's just a trim piece held onto the seat by either adhesive or clips. I would expect them to be pretty interchangeable
Yeah I would expect they could swap it. For parts inventory management purposes I’m sure they want to replace the whole seat but that tweak should be doable.

I had a similar issue, though of my own making, with my early Model X. It has the shiny seat backs so I had Xpel stealth matte put on them - was afraid of what my kids would do to them. The guy who applied it noticed some leather crinkles in the drivers seat that he thought would become a problem. Tesla replaced the seat under warranty, swapping the seat backs so I kept my Xpel coating.

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
They interior is already inferior in materials to comparable cars in their price range by Mercedes/BMW/LandRover (subjective statement I know). I hope they don't keep cost reducing it down to Tesla level.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
They interior is already inferior in materials to comparable cars in their price range by Mercedes/BMW/LandRover (subjective statement I know). I hope they don't keep cost reducing it down to Tesla level.
I feel like Mercedes took a steep dive in terms of interior quality. Most of their interiors look like a strip club and have hard plastic everywhere

Sponsored

PVguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Transit Connect, 2000 VW Golf TDI
Occupation
Retired
I had a good discussion with my Guide today and it seems that what may be holding up my delivery date is the Black Mountain (non-wood) interior. According to her, there is no word as to when this option may be available. Can anyone shed light on this?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I had a good discussion with my Guide today and it seems that what may be holding up my delivery date is the Black Mountain (non-wood) interior. According to her, there is no word as to when this option may be available. Can anyone shed light on this?
I can’t recall seeing any vehicle with that non wood interior (of any color) being delivered.

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
My 2022 #30xx delivered today has it...The delivery guy was like dang I love it when you guys know the nuances of the vehicles.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Forest Edge delivered with wood headrest surround removed. 5

OP
OP
opnwide

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023