Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
can anyone confirm delivery or VIN assigned for an R1S with forest edge interior? I've seen a bunch of Ts, but no Ss.
I believe they've been churning out BM. Supposedly FE is coming s00n (early 2023).
Sponsored

thunderdeep

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model3, Toyota Landcruiser, Porsche 911
I believe you're spot-on with the "get ready" suggestion. I called my guide yesterday to check in. She said she has a hold on a vin for me with my exact config for probably late January delivery, but she's still trying to fulfill my request for a December purchase if she can find me an R1S with a similar config that I can drive or fly to pick up...
I am begging my guide for a 2022 delivery and he is the most useless least helpful person I can imagine. My interactions with him have been poor and very much the opposite of what everyone else has posted as positive interactions with Rivian. Quite sad really. I wish my guide actually cared and tried to reserve me a VIN or anything helpful. He wouldn't even send my charger early so I could have it installed in 2022 for tax reasons...

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
The offer I received this week was way too low as well. Used car market is falling and they must be trying to over compensate for that.
I was contacted for the first time on Friday and assigned a guide, VIN and 8 step all at once. The R1S is fully charged and ready to ship at the factory. It will go via truck, since we're in Illinois. I had been moved to Jan/Feb but it seems pretty likely that the delivery will occur pretty soon. Would anyone have an idea of how long the SC inspection process normally takes?
Same for me. Mine is on a truck to Denver. 🤞🏻

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
I am begging my guide for a 2022 delivery and he is the most useless least helpful person I can imagine. My interactions with him have been poor and very much the opposite of what everyone else has posted as positive interactions with Rivian. Quite sad really. I wish my guide actually cared and tried to reserve me a VIN or anything helpful.
There was a change back in September and Guides no longer have visibility into assignments, nevermind influence. As least that's what MY Guide is telling me :)

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
I am begging my guide for a 2022 delivery and he is the most useless least helpful person I can imagine. My interactions with him have been poor and very much the opposite of what everyone else has posted as positive interactions with Rivian. Quite sad really. I wish my guide actually cared and tried to reserve me a VIN or anything helpful. He wouldn't even send my charger early so I could have it installed in 2022 for tax reasons...
Jeez, lower your expectations. We have a friend in management at Rivian and they can't do squat to move us up the totem pole (we did try), so don't expect the guide to have any juice.

Sponsored

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

got mine this morning: 37 miles on the Odometer.

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
Got a guide notice today that my R1S has arrived at the service center and is going through the final QC check….

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
FWIW
Order 3/2019
guide contact 11/28/22
8 step opened 11/28/22
6 of 8 completed 12/1/22 (waiting for delivery date to wire funds)
received the "schedule delivery email" but when I log in the selection is still locked. SAD Count!!!

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Rivian trade in was too low so I'm cleaning up thy FJ and will start marketing it.
How much was the % gap bw what they offered and what you think you can get marketing? Don't want to pick your numbers just trying to understand the spread.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Got a guide notice today that my R1S has arrived at the service center and is going through the final QC check….
nice! mine "passed inspection" and I'm just waiting for the delivery schedule option to unlock. It might be a very good Christmas this year!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

How much was the % gap bw what they offered and what you think you can get marketing? Don't want to pick your numbers just trying to understand the spread.
Vroom, KBB, and Carmax were all in $17K-$18K, DriveWay was $25K, and I think in my area I can get $30K-32K given comparably low mileage @ 77K and the limited supply/high demand for the FJ in particular. Crossing fingers, but several others with more used auto experience have agreed with my estimate.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
received the "schedule delivery email" but when I log in the selection is still locked. SAD Count!!!
deliver scheduled!!!!! I almost can't believe it is happening after all this time. How will I fill my daily angst experiences?

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
I am super pumped up! Delivery date tomorrow morning 😎

Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) 1670451156282

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

Confirmation email last evening(12/6) around 6:00 PST. Guide assigned email came about 20 min later. Got a "Helping you through the purchasing process" email about 9:30 last evening to start the 8 step process.
Talked to guide quick this morning with question on 8 steps. He was SUPER responsive. Doing that process now. Then we wait I guess.
VIN 1760 shows on the website so that means it's at least scheduled to be more than just a pile of parts.

I forgot to ask the guide how long before it was delivered so sent an email. We will see what he has to say.

R1S LE/White/BM/20s/Underbody Shield

I guess we will see how this goes. Was originally schedule for Jan/Feb.

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
Just sold my Hyundai Palisade Limited to Carmax. They came out $6k higher than Rivian offer. My car has an accident on record, I think that is making big difference for some. Carvana and kbb all cash were also close to Rivian's offer. If the price difference was below $3k, it would be better to go with Rivian because of sales tax savings but Rivian said their offer is final.

So, making $6k more and paying $3k more in taxes 🤷🏾‍♂️
Sponsored