Sponsored

R1S parked at slanted driveway, liftgate can’t open!

exRiv33

First Name
Mixhael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I had this same issue when I first got my R1S, took to the service center and worked after they serviced. What they did? I am not sure… but same issue and was resolved with a visit to El Segundo.
Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Around 35 degrees
That’s most likely to avoid heavy items to get out and crush you at that angle.

Edit. Looked at the pic and you’re facing down so probably not the reason. Unless it doesn’t understand front and back.

VNCR1S

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
IT
Same issue with my R1s. My driveway is slanted. I don’t have this problem with my other SUV.

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder
I have a much steeper decline and it opens fine

Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I had this same issue when I first got my R1S, took to the service center and worked after they serviced. What they did? I am not sure… but same issue and was resolved with a visit to El Segundo.

First, stating the obvious-fix the driveway! (j/k)
Second, try crowbar or attaching a pully. (j/k)

Seriously, take it in to your local SC and tell them to contact the El Segundo SC on how they fixed it. All the best!

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Around 35 degrees
Wow! Do you have problems scraping the bumper getting in/out? The R1S's maximum departure angle (rock crawl mode Max height) is only 34 degrees.

Or do you mean 35%.

OP
OP

mifj

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
IT

Do you have any information on tech guy who fix this problem? Or vin number of your vehicle so Brooklyn service center can track down this issue.

exRiv33

First Name
Mixhael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Do you have any information on tech guy who fix this problem? Or vin number of your vehicle so Brooklyn service center can track down this issue.
It was serviced back on Oct 31st of 2022 @ El Segundo. My vin ends in 0532. I went and looked at past invoices to see if I could find additional information but get an error when trying to pull up through the app.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mifj

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
IT
It was serviced back on Oct 31st of 2022 @ El Segundo. My vin ends in 0532. I went and looked at past invoices to see if I could find additional information but get an error when trying to pull up through the app.

Thank you for your information!

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Wow! Do you have problems scraping the bumper getting in/out? The R1S's maximum departure angle (rock crawl mode Max height) is only 34 degrees.

Or do you mean 35%.
Was wondering the same. A 35 degree driveway is incredibly steep...70% slope. Double black diamond in the winter!
Sponsored