Sponsored

R1S pre-price increase owners - What R1S configuration would you get if ordering today?

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
I would order dual motor, large battery pack, because extended 7x a year road trips, I 100% want the range. We have a quad motor R1S coming (early price) and of course I have an R1T already.
snip ...
7 multi-day road trips are considerable. But, let's just say (for discussion purposes) that a dual-motor version of the R1S extends the range by 20% over Conserve Mode (dual-motor activated) in the current R1S Adventure. Realistically, that might not save you a recharging stop unless the trip is over two days in length. My TIME is the most important factor to me by far. That's why I'm keeping our ICE SUV and bypassing the charging stations altogether on long trips.

All,

I don't get the many posts wanting a dual-motor R1S. For those that are doing most of their driving locally, that $5,000 in savings will be eaten up in the first year on front tire wear. And by the time they are going to be available for delivery, won't they be Rivian's own motors? I'll take proven Bosch motors over motors from an unproven manufacturer in a heartbeat. YMMV.
Sponsored