First Name
Jag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Lexus GX470, RX350
Occupation
Engineer
Left the R1S outside today for some time in the sun, the shades do make a significant difference in terms of temperature cannot say if it is as claimed by the vendor as this is a subjective opinion based on experience.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Does anyone make one that looks better? Ive seen a few for the R1T.

Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Ideally it would be nice if one could install a track along the left and right edge, each of the glass roof and have a retractable shade.

Or have a rear or forward mounting along the edge of the glass with a scissors frame and extend/retract to provide shade.

These blanket looking fugly will never find its way into my R1S. I mine as well cut out a cardboard and stick it up there....

OP
OP

jkahlon

First Name
Jag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Lexus GX470, RX350
Occupation
Engineer
It is not cloth or a blanket, material is very light. Cost is also very reasonable. Looks better in person than the image. Until something else comes along it will work for the summer.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
It is not cloth or a blanket, material is very light. Cost is also very reasonable. Looks better in person than the image. Until something else comes along it will work for the summer.
Sorry. Not a fan of the cheap drop cloth/tarp look although I can see how they complement those seat covers.

Honestly, the area my Rivian beats my Tesla every day of the week is in the fit/finish of the interior. Those covers and shades would absolutely ruin my experience.

To each their own though - if you like ‘em, more power to you.

Sponsored

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
This makes me nauseous.

OP
OP

jkahlon

First Name
Jag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Lexus GX470, RX350
Occupation
Engineer
Have not seen any other option, if someone has please do post, these can be put on and removed in a hurry. Planning to take a long road trip, in warm climate without these or something similar will be tough. Heat transmission from the roof windows is fairly intense. :):)

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
I'm also desperate for something soon! I'm feeling the need to wear a wide brim hat while driving and it's only April :(..

Maybe that sunshade really needs to be tan or darker color to give it the crock faux look :p

teledoc

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team, 2023 Rivian R1S
Man OP, I'm sorry you're getting so much heat for letting us know about these shade options!! I'm guessing they've never actually slept in their truck in the desert or really anywhere else. Yeah, they might not be high end looking but they look perfect to completely black out every window and make it pitch dark for sleeping not to mention cutting down on heat inside the vehicle. I have a similar setup in my FJ Cruiser that works perfect in the Utah desert. I'll be book marking this site so that if and when Rivian finally delivers my R1S I can buy the whole setup for camping, thanks!

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I'll be getting new refrigerator and my 8 year old is getting too big to build forts in our living room. If anyone needs the cardboard for a sun shade, let me know.

On a serious note, some of the R1T shades look very nice and are more of a factory type look. Hopefully I can wait long enough for one of those to hit the mainland from China. A few of the sellers said they are waiting to receive shipments.
Sponsored