First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
So the LAS go very quickly as do the blue's. I am surprised the Red's are sticking around and there are Launch Greens out the @ss. Lots of Limestone too wiht the green interior.
I saw my configured LAS yesterday BUT it had the 20" on it. THat was a deal breaker for me. I have a feeling this will be torture as I see something very close to what I want many times, but then get something I won't take like 20" or something I really don't want to pay more for like the UBS.
I’m surprised the LG are not moving. I stopped by the SC to see the color just before I got mine and actually switched from ElCap to LG, especially with the dark 22s. The color shifts from sunlight to shade give it so many different looks.

I’ve never had so many people comment on a vehicle color as they have with this one.
Sponsored

kapaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang
I’m surprised the LG are not moving. I stopped by the SC to see the color just before I got mine and actually switched from ElCap to LG, especially with the dark 22s. The color shifts from sunlight to shade give it so many different looks.

I’ve never had so many people comment on a vehicle color as they have with this one.
I think it's just supply/demand. They seem to be producing about 1/3 LG and 2/3 rest of colors based on the delivery stats. In CA everything is flying off the shelves though. Hope they shift more inventory this way.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I just got access to the shop today, and also changed to “Processing Estimate” at the same time? Related?

Since I have shop access, I am guessing this is not the “really good” processing estimate?

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

So the LAS go very quickly as do the blue's. I am surprised the Red's are sticking around and there are Launch Greens out the @ss. Lots of Limestone too wiht the green interior.
I saw my configured LAS yesterday BUT it had the 20" on it. THat was a deal breaker for me. I have a feeling this will be torture as I see something very close to what I want many times, but then get something I won't take like 20" or something I really don't want to pay more for like the UBS.
LAS, LG and CY have been in my shop for over 72hrs.
FG and El Cap were picked up within about 2hrs, Limestones and one LG around 42hrs.

All that said, no way there are only two shops or these would have been gone long ago.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

This forum has a real "I just want to vent at someone random" vibe sometimes.
Not venting at you. Relax. I'm sorry that you took it that way.

I laughed at your post because the Rivian employee's explanation of the extra inventory seemed absurd and preposterous. How many people with a pre- price increase R1S reservation have decided -- at the last minute, after their quad motor S was built -- that they'd rather spend at least $8000 more (and wait longer) to get a dual motor S instead? That would create an inventory of R1S quad motor orphans that need to find a home. But the explanation seems like fantasy to me.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Can someone explain this? Is there a secret insider list that jumps people to the front of the line?
I'm sure you can find an explanation in the FAQs on RIVIAN.COM. [*sarcasm*]

Oh wait, there's absolutely no mention of the R1 Shop -- much less the Friends and Family Program -- on Rivian's official website. (OK, that was venting.)

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I'm sure you can find an explanation in the FAQs on RIVIAN.COM. [*sarcasm*]

Oh wait, there's absolutely no mention of the R1 Shop -- much less the Friends and Family Program -- on Rivian's official website. (OK, that was venting.)
Perhaps it’s all sarcasm and it flew over my head. Lots of mentions and the internet loves to poke at a good conspiracy.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru

Sponsored

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
There are 17 vehicles there today. some have been there all week.

1 W/BM, 2 Silver, 1 El Cap, 1 Blue, 2 Red, 1 FG, 2 Limestone, 1 Yellow, 6 LG.

all 20" or 22"
Alright, your story checks out.

Actually, I was curious if different models were revealed to people that are likely serviced by the same SC. It appears that indeed they do see the same stuff.

Revvian

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Audi Q7
Clubs

Can someone explain this? Is there a secret insider list that jumps people to the front of the line?
Yes there is, I don't know if it is a "secret" as much but at least every Rivian employee knows about it and some have been helping their family and/or friends to enter into the interest list. I remember specifying about my flexibility for color choices which is why I think I got shop access earlier than expected. Anyways, this is not conspiracy...a real thing :D

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
Alright, your story checks out.

Actually, I was curious if different models were revealed to people that are likely serviced by the same SC. It appears that indeed they do see the same stuff.
Good info to know. I am close to pulling the trigger on one of these. I was holding out for 21", but now thinking I would be happy with 20" AT for winter and offroading and could buy the 21" wheels and road tires later.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Good info to know. I am close to pulling the trigger on one of these. I was holding out for 21", but now thinking I would be happy with 20" AT for winter and offroading and could buy the 21" wheels and road tires later.
I want the 21" too. I thought about what you may do - get the 20's and get teh 21" later. I have only had access a few days, but it seems heavy on LG and 20".
I did notice one R1S had a spare tire. That is pretty rare.
Sponsored