David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Can someone explain this? Is there a secret insider list that jumps people to the front of the line?
I'm not on the list. But, based on Reddit posts and posts in this forum, people on the Friends and Family list appear to get access to the R1 Shop sooner than they otherwise would. It appears that many of those people preordered after Rivian said Launch Edition configurations were all taken (Nov 20, 2020), and they are now getting a chance to purchase a Launch Edition R1S from the R1 Shop. If the goal of the program is to create incentives that will quickly sell R1 Shop inventory, I predict success.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I just got access to the shop today, and also changed to “Processing Estimate” at the same time? Related?

Since I have shop access, I am guessing this is not the “really good” processing estimate?
U have guide?

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

J
I'm sure you can find an explanation in the FAQs on RIVIAN.COM. [*sarcasm*]

Oh wait, there's absolutely no mention of the R1 Shop -- much less the Friends and Family Program -- on Rivian's official website. (OK, that was venting.)
Just part of the secret menu!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Perhaps it’s all sarcasm and it flew over my head. Lots of mentions and the internet loves to poke at a good conspiracy.
Careful now, they may be listening

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Alright, your story checks out.

Actually, I was curious if different models were revealed to people that are likely serviced by the same SC. It appears that indeed they do see the same stuff.
So he passed the test.... 🍺 🍻

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Yes there is, I don't know if it is a "secret" as much but at least every Rivian employee knows about it and some have been helping their family and/or friends to enter into the interest list. I remember specifying about my flexibility for color choices which is why I think I got shop access earlier than expected. Anyways, this is not conspiracy...a real thing :D
You sound really FRIENDLY.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Good info to know. I am close to pulling the trigger on one of these. I was holding out for 21", but now thinking I would be happy with 20" AT for winter and offroading and could buy the 21" wheels and road tires later.
Do it.....

Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I've had access to the shop in Denver for about a week and I have not seen a single vehicle.
When I had access for the T there were routine larger midweek drops, with a few cars popping up randomly on other days.

Extremely location dependent on how much you see.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

These 3 have been in my shop (Cleveland, OH would be my service center) since I got access Monday Night:
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1679661784709

My original post for all the configurations: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...live-with-lots-of-inventory.12147/post-303381

The breakdown of the 6 that got taken:
FG and El Cap were picked up within about 2hrs of me getting shop access Monday evening.
2x Limestones and one LG around 42hrs (corrected as I was a day off on my previous post.)

Would be tempted on the LAS if it had OC, wife would never allow the CY, and I really need to see LG before I'd commit to it. Really want FG!

For the amount of times I keep refreshing I'm about to write a Python script to do it for me lol

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
That's My CY in the shop! Only missing FPP. How can I get it? Why haven't they contacted me??? Waiting is such a hard thing to do... :cool:

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
These 3 have been in my shop (Cleveland, OH would be my service center) since I got access Monday Night:
1679661784709.png

My original post for all the configurations: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...live-with-lots-of-inventory.12147/post-303381

The breakdown of the 6 that got taken:
FG and El Cap were picked up within about 2hrs of me getting shop access Monday evening.
2x Limestones and one LG around 42hrs (corrected as I was a day off on my previous post.)

Would be tempted on the LAS if it had OC, wife would never allow the CY, and I really need to see LG before I'd commit to it. Really want FG!

For the amount of times I keep refreshing I'm about to write a Python script to do it for me lol
So eastern PA has a different shop than OH....I wouldn't have thought so.
Sponsored