Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired

jbronkoR1T

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Music&Tech
I hopped out of my truck pretty pissed off to figure out what this asshole was throwing at it and by the time my feet hit the ground and I had turned around, he had a pistol pointed through the windshield at me.
Your contributions on this thread are really painting the Seattle area in a lovely light! (motorcycle attempted theft, shitty roads, rain, pistol toting road rager)!!

jbronkoR1T

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Music&Tech
I could get a boat to any water around here on a single charge without issue, and the charging infrastructure on the highways out here is good enough that I could go any direction without any issues even with a trailer. Once I got over to Idaho it'd be a different story.
This sums up my issue and why I feel compelled to wait for the Max. Where I live now in NJ, not too worried about charging infrastructure. But in about 2 years, I'm moving to SW Colorado. Loaded up with gear and a RTT, in cooler or hotter temps, on 20" ATs, perhaps pulling a small travel trailer...I might be looking at 150 miles of range. Throw in a couple of days of camping...I worry that I wouldn't be able to take the truck to the very places I'm getting it for to take it.

Hyro

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
tech
Great story. I've got a big gripe though. Why no pictures of the motorcycles? This is very important. Please fix.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'll call it a truck when the front end is robust enough for a snow plow.
I just saw an SUV with a small rear hitch mounted plow. Could something like this not be modified and attached to the front tow hooks?

Rivian R1T R1S R1T isn't a 'Truck'? Think Again. Best vehicle I've ever owned, hands down. th-1230460878

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I just saw an SUV with a small rear hitch mounted plow. Could something like this not be modified and attached to the front tow hooks?

th-1230460878.jpg
Interesting. I think I'll ask Rivian

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

th-1230460878.jpg
Judging by the number of threads here about people who canā€™t go in reverse in their Rivians because they lift their butts out of the seat to turn around, this will not work for 90% of us šŸ˜­

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Next time someone gives you a hard time about your Rivian not being ā€œa truckā€ because it doesnā€™t do ā€œtruck things,ā€ you can always point out that a van is actually a superior option to a truck in 99% of ā€œtruck use casesā€ that donā€™t explicitly involve towing >7k lbs.
This is ESPECIALLY true here in the PNW where it sometimes rains.

Iā€™ve been without a truck for a few years now - first time in my adult life after a succession of Toyota pickups - and that has cost us a LOT of money with uHaul this year ferrying stuff out to our property in Toutle. The R1T will be PERFECTā€¦ once it arrives. Already have a utility trailer for big stuff, plenty of space for the 2 dogs and dry space for the stuff that wouldnā€™thave a home in a ā€œreal truckload because of the aforementioned rain (or snow today).
A rack to put the canoe (and lumber, etc.) up top is the only missing accessory for now but it will come soon enough Iā€™m sure.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I donā€™t know if you guys realize it but ā€œrealā€ trucks can have tonneau covers also. Ones that actually function reliably and are weatherproof, unlike the R1T cover in its current form.
Sponsored