First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
There seems to be a conflation of “affordability” and perceived value here. Those of us who have seen the quoted price stay steady since configuring over a year ago and even seen some deliveries without a single increase in the “estimated” price had every reason to believe it would stand, especially after receiving delivery windows which are weeks or months out.

A sudden, substantial, and retroactive change is a huge hit to the value psychology. Can I “afford” an additional $12,500 for the same truck? Sure. But the value proposition has changed. That combined with the piss-poor communication, delays, and the fact that a lucky coastal few who already took delivery get their price honored is a total slap in the face to those of us who plunked down $1,000 three or more years ago.

I will not be keeping my preorder. I will cancel or sell to anyone who is naive enough to buy into a company’s product after this debacle.
Agreed I could work a bit harder to justify the increase no harm no foul. When you throw in vague communication or none, no test drive to increase emotional value and attachment, long waits and constant delays. The Ether rubs off quickly. Funny how the increase happened right before customer deliveries just started happening
Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Well my $76k configured price just went to almost $91k in the configurator. Well that’s fun. Looks like I’m putting a deposit down on some BMW’s tomorrow. I don’t need a truck, but I’ll keep the reservation to see how this pans out.

I had been eyeing the i4 and iX anyway. Heck I may end up back with Tesla at this pace. Haha.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Now that all Rivian employees and vendors have taken delivery of their trucks it was time for a price increase. This was not a coincidence.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
They likely just pivoted. They realized they could not sell all the reservation cars at price with current supply prices increasing. So they are going to sell the premium versions higher a la Tesla and work on a high volume low option version in a year or two and that's where they'll succeed.(if they do)

Sponsored

aburke00

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5 Sportback
so you joined a Rivian forum today just to tell everyone you are out? That almost sounds.....made up
Not made up. I’ve followed for quite some time. Had a reservation for over a year and haven’t bothered to post until now because this is garbage. Not that hard to understand.

Oak62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 C7 Z51
I can't even describe how disappointed and pissed I am. To have been waiting and trusting Rivian for more than 3 years, to be so excited about what seems to be a great product and a solid company, to deal with absolutely pathetic communication but still give them the benefit of the doubt, to get reinvigorated when some on the forum started getting calls recently....all this only to get absolutely crapped on with a ridiculous price hike that is seemingly taking a large percentage of preorder holders out. Unreal. Truly unreal. This has to be the biggest disappointment of my life. I had never been this excited about a new vehicle, ever. Where's the loyalty? Where's the 'thanks for hanging with us for 3+ years and not losing faith'?

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
The R1 was never intended as the platform to achieve market share.
You've got to be in the market to have a chance at a 10% share.....this just made it harder for them to gain a solid footing which is what the R1's were supposed to do.

Spiffster

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 (Sold), Ford Fusion Energi
I bet there are a lot of people out there reading this thread and hitting the refresh button on the config page every other minute absolutely sweating bullets right now. I am one of them. :D

Sponsored

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
I can't even describe how disappointed and pissed I am. To have been waiting and trusting Rivian for more than 3 years, to be so excited about what seems to be a great product and a solid company, to deal with absolutely pathetic communication but still give them the benefit of the doubt, to get reinvigorated when some on the forum started getting calls recently....all this only to get absolutely crapped on with a ridiculous price hike that is seemingly taking a large percentage of preorder holders out. Unreal. Truly unreal. This has to be the biggest disappointment of my life. I had never been this excited about a new vehicle, ever. Where's the loyalty? Where's the 'thanks for hanging with us for 3+ years and not losing faith'?
Sorry, brother...I share your frustration. I'm out.

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
So Jury is out? everyone is affected including all LE holders from Day 1? TLDR? LOL My account still says same pricing.
I have confirmation from CS that I am impacted (day 1 LE reservation holder but no guide contact)...it seems like the folks who were in an active "close" process dodged it, but everyone else who didn't get contacted is impacted). Not pleased, but they are doing what they have to do to support margins I am sure.
I got an email that says my R1S is close to delivery and not affected by the price increases.
Can you share when you ordered? I just had a CS conversation and they said I am going to be impacted by the price increase despite being a day 1 11/2018 preorder holder LE.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I have confirmation from CS that I am impacted (day 1 LE reservation holder but no guide contact)...it seems like the folks who were in an active "close" process dodged it, but everyone else who didn't get contacted is impacted). Not pleased, but they are doing what they have to do to support margins I am sure.

Can you share when you ordered? I just had a CS conversation and they said I am going to be impacted by the price increase despite being a day 1 11/2018 preorder holder LE.

Yeap mine changed as well with out doing anything on my account. Peace out folks.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Wow what a price increase as this comes out before earning call and their “new tool” for estimated deliveries!
Turns out WE were the new "tool."
Sponsored