Sponsored

Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Does anyone want to purchase my Launch Edition reservation? Message me if so.
Why would they want to? Your reservation is getting the price increase as well unless you were in the final stages of taking delivery.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
How many heads would explode if, after hundreds of pre-order cancelations, Rivian made an announcement that they've decided to honor the pre-order price for anyone that's still in line! LOL
That is why I'm going to wait a few days.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
While I get how this must feel for folks who have been waiting so long after putting in a reservation (I only did a couple months ago), I do think this makes total business sense. Prices have skyrocketed the past year, so keeping prices they had before that doesn't make sense. Then when you look at the production volume and the amount of pre orders, you should have prices that reflect supply and demand. Now, totally going to burn their reputation which they are going to have to deal with, but they have a great product on their hands and people are going to buy them as fast as they can build them (which isn't very fast). It sucks, but probably the right move...

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Let's take it easy on the personal insults at RJ and Rivian here. Presumably this is necessary for viability. I don't like it either and it may be a nail in the coffin for many reservation holders, if not the brand, but that doesn't make it malicious or even incompetent.
Sorry, but RJ signed off on this plan (obviously) and by doing so essentially sent a clear message to most of the reservation holders. That message was, "Take it or leave it a$$holes. I don't give a damn. There are plenty of other people in line."

So everyone who thought billionaire RJ is such a nice, down-to-earth, folksy sweetheart, you just taken for a ride.

Makes me sick knowing RJ will be putting out sound bites of how hard of a decision if was form him to make :crying: Poor RJ.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

HOLY MOLY, 38 PAGES! Literally took hours to skim, I was laughing as the pages grew faster than my reading...

Makes sense I suppose. I'm a 2018 order, so guess I slipped in under the threshold for these price hikes.
It's because you have a guide.

7 day return policy!!!
I'm sticking with it all the way up to this point. Worst case, I return and leave a surprise in the gear tunnel. Return the favor to Rivian ?

My guide contacted me today and told me this price increase does not affect me. And then I got this email confirming that. Looks like Rivian is still on the menu!

Hi Steve,​
You may have heard that Rivian‘s vehicle and option pricing have increased as a result of price inflation of supplier components and raw materials across the world. Since you are in the final steps of completing your transaction, your Rivian preorder will not be affected by these adjustments.

We’re grateful to you for being an early supporter of Rivian and look forward to getting your new R1T to you soon. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to your Guide at any time.

— Team Rivian​
What is your configuration and pre-order date?

WHERE YOU AT, @DuckTruck ?! You're my Newman! R1T LE/LG/FE/AT F*CKED ME! If I went with my gut and stuck with Black Mountain, I surely would've had a guide by now. There's tons of folks geographically around me getting guides with pre-orders way later than me.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T & R1S Updated Pricing, Configuration, Specs. Dual Motor Now Available IMG_20220301_171557

Sponsored

BadKarma!

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S & 2017 Ford Shelby GT350R
Occupation
Cyber Security
Clubs

I agree with everyone's frustration about this debacle. I also agree that Rivian should have absolutely of followed the Tesla mindset to price protect all pre-order holders. This was clearly a conscience decision by Rivian leadership.

I am glad that I hedged my bet and reserved both a Hummer EV SUV and the Silverado EV RST in the event my R1S didn't materialize.

I will hold onto my current place in line for the time being, but I am disgusted by this move and will in all likelihood cancel my order.

My blue R1S config went up $19K !!

Last edited:

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Got it. Day one R1S pre order in Los Angeles. No Guide, no email except saying prices are going to increase. Bummer. Unbelievable actually.
In the same boat unfortunately. Actually had a similar experience to the person who did receive an email saying they'd get lower pricing (day 1 R1TLE changed to R1SLE) but CS just confirmed i'm getting the new higher pricing. Seems arbitrary, but I did not get a guide contact or any signs things were moving forward. April R1S LE delivery window...but at this new pricing, and the way they delivered the news, it's a hard pill to swallow.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
My $72,500 R1T Explore package with a few options just increased to $88,450. A nearly $16k price jump.

-The no charge Glacier White paint is now $1,750

-The no charge Ocean Coast interior is now $1,500

-The $1,800 20” wheel upgrade is now $2,500

-The $800 spare tire jumped to $900

-The tow hooks are now separate from the underbody shielding and cost $300

I am glad I hedged my BEV pickup bets by reserving a Lightning and Cybertruck.

Rivian just rewarded early reservation holders with a slap in the face. Some members reserved an R1T 3-years ago.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I understand those who aren't going to change their config until the pricing updates in the hopes they get grandpersoned in, but I definitely don't understand anyone cancelling impulsively unless you really need that $1,000
Normally I would agree with this statement however voting with you consumer dollar is something that I think needs to happen here.
to add insult to injury I can't help but think that if Deliveries had began last June or even November we also could have gotten financing for probably 3-5% less than it will be this June. IMO vinyl upholstery in a $90K vehicle is a bad deal.
I waited in line to speak with customer service this evening while I read through this thread for 90 minutes and explained how I and many of us are feeling. I think this is important to do and recommend everyone on the forum do it. I also recommend emailing RJ directly. If you do remember to be respectful but assertive to communicate why you think this execution poor and how it will affect your view of Rivian brand and purchase decision. I am waiting to see my new configuration cost, what changes I can make and how they will affect my delivery timing but there is a good chance I will not be purchasing a Rivian. I just processed my order for the Lightning this week which I was going to transfer to my Dad at time of purchase but now I may keep it. I told the CS rep this was a real gut punch she said not to give up but it's probably to late... sad day for me.
I am suggesting a thread where we can post our recommended email to RJ.

Mahawkma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Well, FTM, I just removed the large battery pack, the quad motors, and the offroad package on me R1S PO and the price is close to where it was before. I’m going to let it ride and see what happens.

Sponsored

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
Last time we (the public) were updated, Rivian had somewhere between 15-18 billion in cash. Not sure that counts as financial dire straights?

Today, Rivian confirmed they don't give a sh#t about the reservation holders. We were used as a way to show investors their was interest in their vehicles. We were all a tool. A small handful of pre-orders got delivered a truck at the initial price and Rivian will broadcast that to the world!
Think bigger picture my friend. They need to turn a margin, doesn't look like they will.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I'm just going to wait and see. Until I am contacted with an actual truck to buy, all this is theoretical anyway.

I don't dispute that they were little under priced - certainly in this market - but this has been handled very poorly. They should have honored the pre-order price for all orders through say 2021.

superfluid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Kia Telluride
Occupation
Tech
My R1S Adventure package jumped $18k. I'm probably out, but I am going to ride it out for another couple of weeks or months since mine won't go into production until 2056 anyway. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the stock price tomorrow.
Sponsored