Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Anyone else experience rattling within the B pillars?
I’ve gone in a few times for this and the issue keeps coming back. Apparently there’s a loose clip inside it every time.
Aside from that, loving the truck more every day! Just want to see if anyone else has been able to permanently fix the issue.
Sponsored

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Is it from The B pillar itself or the passenger door. I have a from the speaker cover, which they will address at the next service appt.

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Is it from The B pillar itself or the passenger door. I have a from the speaker cover, which they will address at the next service appt.
According to the rivian SC, it’s a clip in the b pillar.

tjmsquared

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Macan
Are you sure it is not the speaker on the b pillar? I’ve heard that some people get some extraneous noise from that speaker.

Sponsored

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Are you sure it is not the speaker on the b pillar? I’ve heard that some people get some extraneous noise from that speaker.
It definitely could be. I’ll check on that. Thanks for the tip!

In previous service visits, they’ve mentioned the clips in the B Pillar but I’ll see if it’s originating from the speakers.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Same here in my R1s. Rear passenger area. Not sure if it speakers or something is loose around there. You noticed it more when playing some songs with high bass. Also have a service ticket for next week.

GeorgiaR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Clubs

Anyone successfully fix this? I have a high pitched rattle near bpillar or rear driver door? I thought maybe the seat belt holder? Maybe not? Mainly at >30mph to 75mph. Higher pitched and seems to go right into my ear.

Car makes all kinds of other noises and periodic rattles but this is a vibrating, very annoying one. Rest are fine.

Am happy otherwise but wanT to see if anyone has gotten this fixed?

Jdsmith75229

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I had this issue on both sides, slight pressure applied to the speakers would stop it.
I picked up the truck from service today, all is quite so far.

GeorgiaR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Clubs

Anyone else have any tips? Sounds like it's all in the back door somewhere so far.

Sponsored

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
I definitely have the same issue, driver side b pillar. Only happens on bigger potholes/rough roads and pretty regularly offroading. It sounds like something loose above the seat belt mount clunking against the plastic, and when I hold my hand on the interior of the pillar I can actually feel something hitting it from the inside. Haven’t really messed with getting it fixed though.

Last edited:

GeorgiaR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Clubs

I definitely have the same issue, driver side b pillar. Only happens on bigger potholes/rough roads and pretty regularly offroading. It sounds like something loose above the seat belt mount clunking against the plastic, and when I hold my hand on the interior of the pillar I can actually feel something hitting it from the inside. Haven’t really messed with getting it fixed though.
Any luck fixing? I am still hunting mine.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Try this? See top comment.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Anyone successfully fix this? I have a high pitched rattle near bpillar or rear driver door? I thought maybe the seat belt holder? Maybe not? Mainly at >30mph to 75mph. Higher pitched and seems to go right into my ear.

Car makes all kinds of other noises and periodic rattles but this is a vibrating, very annoying one. Rest are fine.

Am happy otherwise but wanT to see if anyone has gotten this fixed?
Vibrating, high pitched, and mainly at >30mph to 75mph could be one of the trim pieces on the roof. I‘d try some wide blue painter’s tape to cover that strip in line with the roof attachment points so the tape overlaps everything on either side of the strip and go for a test drive.

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
Any luck fixing? I am still hunting mine.
Not fixed yet, but the mobile service guy (out for an unrelated issue) could tap on the trim above the belt mount and replicated the clunking sound. Said most likely it was a loose 10 mil nut rolling around. He said that trim piece is a singe use (the tabs break on removal) and to open a ticket to get it looked at.
Sponsored