OP
OP

First Name
mfa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, 488, Model X, Honda Clarity, 911, Jeep
Come to think of it, when I removed the frunk tub from the Tesla there was hardly anything in their compared to the Rivian. It looked like a golf cart.
Sponsored

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
See any available grommets on the fire wall (can I call it that now?) for good pass through?

ResidualReality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Limited
Occupation
CTO
Needed to pass some wires from the bumper to the inside of the frunk. Removal is pretty straightforward.
-Remove the four plastic covers surrounding the frunk. The front piece is magnetic and the others have simple clips, just gently nudge them upwards and they release pretty easily.
-Remove the 6 screws (circled red). 2 up front, 2 in the rear, and one on each side.
-Unclip the two plugs on each side (circled red)
-Lift out the tub and enjoy the brilliant engineering
IMG_81C54A66ED36-1.jpeg
IMG_1087.jpg
IMG_1083.jpg
Where can I get that Lightbar wrap with the Rivian cut out?!

OP
OP

First Name
mfa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was originally going to pass a power wire thru the firewall. Luckily the Rivian has a 12v connection in the frunk, so I tapped into that. After looking with all that stuff I didn't even attempt to find a grommet.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Random question. Does the frunk drain plug continue through a drain line underneath or just empty right into that space? When I did the a ride along in a test drive, I mentioned a plan to have a few beverages on ice in the frunk to surprise some friends when I get my truck. The rep told me they do not recommend ever using the frunk for that purpose, but wouldn't elaborate why. She said the drain plug was only for condensation. She also said of course it would be my truck so I could do whatever I want with it, lol. My reply was that since I have to wait another year for a max pack, by then there should be plenty of Youtube examples of the successes or disasters that result from using the frunk as a party cooler. Based on your view of what's underneath, would draining water from it be a concern?
(And yes I know the spare tire space can be used for this, but my beverage supply plan will involve off road locations where I wouldn't go without a spare)
water should not be a concern most of those bits are blow 42" which is the fording depth and can be completely submerged.

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm also seeking advice from the engineering department.

If a front trunk is called a frunk....

Do we have to call a front trunk tub a frub?

OP
OP

First Name
mfa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Random question. Does the frunk drain plug continue through a drain line underneath or just empty right into that space? When I did the a ride along in a test drive, I mentioned a plan to have a few beverages on ice in the frunk to surprise some friends when I get my truck. The rep told me they do not recommend ever using the frunk for that purpose, but wouldn't elaborate why. She said the drain plug was only for condensation. She also said of course it would be my truck so I could do whatever I want with it, lol. My reply was that since I have to wait another year for a max pack, by then there should be plenty of Youtube examples of the successes or disasters that result from using the frunk as a party cooler. Based on your view of what's underneath, would draining water from it be a concern?
(And yes I know the spare tire space can be used for this, but my beverage supply plan will involve off road locations where I wouldn't go without a spare)
I remember the guide saying the same thing about a drain plug. I wasn't really paying attention to this when I pulled it out, but I don't remember seeing a specific drainage site nor was there a tube at the bottom of the tub to drain out of. So based on the amount of electronics in there I would not want to dump water down there.

Sponsored

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
In the bottom of the middle picture is what looks like an emergency latch release. But since you need to get INTO the frunk to remove stuff to access it, it seems unlikely that it releases the frunk latch. But what else could it be a release for? Is it accessible through the grill (which means it could release the frunk)?

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Can't tell by the photo, but does anyone know if they are 12v batts wired in parallel or 6v batts wired in series?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
In the bottom of the middle picture is what looks like an emergency latch release. But since you need to get INTO the frunk to remove stuff to access it, it seems unlikely that it releases the frunk latch. But what else could it be a release for? Is it accessible through the grill (which means it could release the frunk)?
The charge port door.
Sponsored