Sponsored

First Name
mfa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, 488, Model X, Honda Clarity, 911, Jeep
Needed to pass some wires from the bumper to the inside of the frunk. Removal is pretty straightforward.
-Remove the four plastic covers surrounding the frunk. The front piece is magnetic and the others have simple clips, just gently nudge them upwards and they release pretty easily.
-Remove the 6 screws (circled red). 2 up front, 2 in the rear, and one on each side.
-Unclip the two plugs on each side (circled red)
-Lift out the tub and enjoy the brilliant engineering
Rivian R1T R1S Removal of frunk tub (front trunk): DIY how-to & pics IMG_81C54A66ED36-1
Rivian R1T R1S Removal of frunk tub (front trunk): DIY how-to & pics IMG_1087
Rivian R1T R1S Removal of frunk tub (front trunk): DIY how-to & pics IMG_1083
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Engineering department…..please explain what we are looking at.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
You can see the dual 12v batteries stuffed under the cowl. And who said BEV’s were simpler than an ICE vehicle?

Rivian R1T R1S Removal of frunk tub (front trunk): DIY how-to & pics 1649735397523

Last edited:

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Well, what ya got there is a standard Johnson Rod which could use a Retorque. And your blinker fluid looks a little low.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Well, what ya got there is a standard Johnson Rod which could use a Retorque. And your blinker fluid looks a little low.
And yet…Not a turbo encabulator in sight.

its all ball bearings nowadays anyway

boredcleaner

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Model 3, R1T VIN 34XX LE Glacier White
Occupation
Engineer
Needed to pass some wires from the bumper to the inside of the frunk. Removal is pretty straightforward.
-Remove the four plastic covers surrounding the frunk. The front piece is magnetic and the others have simple clips, just gently nudge them upwards and they release pretty easily.
-Remove the 6 screws (circled red). 2 up front, 2 in the rear, and one on each side.
IMG_81C54A66ED36-1.jpeg
IMG_1087.jpg
IMG_1083.jpg
Ok, I'll ask...what wires and for what purpose? Is this something my better half is going to smack me in the back of my head over?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Am I seeing vented fender liners? Surely this isn't for aero since there's no exit path for the air... right?
I see an electric fan at the front (air conditioning and battery cooling, probably) and that air has to go somewhere. Perhaps Rivian engineered the system so air is directed around the frunk tub and out those wheel well vents?

OP
OP

First Name
mfa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, 488, Model X, Honda Clarity, 911, Jeep
Ok, I'll ask...what wires and for what purpose? Is this something my better half is going to smack me in the back of my head over?
Laser shifters. With 835hp its hard for me to maintain proper speed.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Random question. Does the frunk drain plug continue through a drain line underneath or just empty right into that space? When I did the a ride along in a test drive, I mentioned a plan to have a few beverages on ice in the frunk to surprise some friends when I get my truck. The rep told me they do not recommend ever using the frunk for that purpose, but wouldn't elaborate why. She said the drain plug was only for condensation. She also said of course it would be my truck so I could do whatever I want with it, lol. My reply was that since I have to wait another year for a max pack, by then there should be plenty of Youtube examples of the successes or disasters that result from using the frunk as a party cooler. Based on your view of what's underneath, would draining water from it be a concern?
(And yes I know the spare tire space can be used for this, but my beverage supply plan will involve off road locations where I wouldn't go without a spare)

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
IMG_81C54A66ED36-1.jpeg
IMG_1087.jpg
IMG_1083.jpg
Oh man, Sandy Monroe is gonna shit ... a... brick... when he sees all those connectors.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Do you see room for a winch to be mounted in the front? With the weight of this truck a large winch.

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
Oh man, Sandy Monroe is gonna shit ... a... brick... when he sees all those connectors.
And I'm okay with that. He wants the whole car to be fully integrated so when one thing breaks the whole car has to be replaced, all because it makes initial manufacturing cheaper.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Appears to be some sort of series of tubes.

I might need to pull the tub out and see if my fridge will fit in the entire void space..