Sponsored

Rich Rebuilds picks up his R1T and goes to confront the dealer who tried to rip him off…

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I gave this 6 minutes where he proceeded to sh*t on the existence of children, the state of New Jersey, and of course the absolute crap dealer he was attempting to buy from.

Anyone willing to give a TL;DR?

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
he's pretty clearly trying to gin up controversy
That pretty much his shtick lately, right?

EPA, guy filming his side by side on fire, right to repair, square body seller ripping him off, Tesla fanboys hating the V8, stupid brodozers being stupid - and that's just off the top of my head.

There is some neat stuff in there, I guess. For me, he goes in the same meh category as Doug Demuro.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
It’s like my worst day, after no sleep, wildly hungover, recovering from the flu, and randomly recording whatever addled thoughts come into a small damaged brain.

And evidently getting paid for it.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot on the Yootoober gig. Bloviating for 56 minute videos of nothingness.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I'm gonna put this in the "Rivian LIED" category of clips I refuse to watch because it gives the vlogger money and propegates bs.

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
I gave this 6 minutes where he proceeded to sh*t on the existence of children, the state of New Jersey, and of course the absolute crap dealer he was attempting to buy from.

Anyone willing to give a TL;DR?
what a moron and a waste of time. one watch too many.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Couldn't watch the whole thing. This guy talks crap about everything in a quite rude way. Hopefully no people from New Jersey watch the video. Too much false information. Doesn't take 2 hours to charge a Rivian to 80% at most fast chargers. Real classy showing a suitcase full of condoms. Just not my style.

With regards to the point of the video, didn't get to the supposed dealer confrontation, but one, anyone should know, dealers are not always the most up front people. Shady, would be putting it mildly for many dealers. So the fact that they were trying to get "market value" for the truck is entirely within their right. It's their prerogative to change the price BEFORE it's purchased if they so chose. My ears were cringing about 12 minutes in and couldn't take any more of the video, especially a whopping 51 MINUTE VIDEO!

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
With regards to the point of the video, didn't get to the supposed dealer confrontation, but one, anyone should know, dealers are not always the most up front people. Shady, would be putting it mildly for many dealers. So the fact that they were trying to get "market value" for the truck is entirely within their right. It's their prerogative to change the price BEFORE it's purchased if they so chose. My ears were cringing about 12 minutes in and couldn't take any more of the video, especially a whopping 51 MINUTE VIDEO!
This dealer (who has nothing to do with Rivian, they were just flipping the truck) was misrepresenting the vehicle as a “Max Pack” R1T. They weren’t trying to get market value, they were (intentionally or not) misleading potential customers and pricing the vehicle as something it’s not.

Personally, I agree that Rich also stretches the “truth” a lot in this video, and is equally as guilty of misleading potential buyers. There’s something to his gripes about DCFC, but he clearly went out of his way to create a narrative that’s easily debunked by anyone moderately informed.

diehlryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
My only OMG moment in that clip was the $80 charging session... is that for real?

Sponsored

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
My only OMG moment in that clip was the $80 charging session... is that for real?
Probably. I don’t have personal experience with the DCFC providers yet, but from what I’ve gathered their pricing can vary wildly. I was more surprised by the charging inefficiency / overhead.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot on the Yootoober gig. Bloviating for 56 minute videos of nothingness.
Bloviating is such an underused word these days. :p

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
I am a fan of Rich and so I watched the whole thing. Probably not the best use of my 51 minutes but too late now.

He doesn't make this point explicitly, but he should've. The Rivian route planning algorithm and charging location database led him into that charging desert in Delaware.

This is Rivian's fault. My guess is he's used to Tesla's routing and charging reliability so he just trusted what the truck told him to do. Big mistake.

But for a naive non-Tesla EV roadtripper, this was completely representative of their experience and needs to be fixed by Rivian and network operators as well. Better reliability at stations and better data (including charger status) in the nav. The fact that the nav led him to a station that had been down for days is common and inexcusable. Checking every stop manually on Plugshare sucks.

For anyone at Rivian reading this, please buy ABRP and incorporate its routing and charging network integrations (or subscribe to this data from Plugshare) to avoid stranding people in charging deserts.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Wow, I've never actually watched any of his videos before. I made it 1:30 into this before I bailed. Youtube is just insufferable :facepalm:
Sponsored