Sponsored

Rivian Adventure Network: What's been your experience so far?

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
I do not want to jinx anything, but every other owner I've met personally at the sites (a handful), no one has experienced any issues with reliability or speed.

Seeing if that is the typical case. Rivian might be hitting this one out of the park. Figured the feedback would be helpful for other current/future owners and maybe even Rivian. :)

What has been your experience? Good speeds and reliability?
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I do not want to jinx anything, but every other owner I've met personally at the sites (a handful), no one has experienced any issues with reliability or speed.

Seeing if that is the typical case. Rivian might be hitting this one out of the park. Figured the feedback would be helpful for other current/future owners and maybe even Rivian. :)

What has been your experience? Good speeds and reliability?
My first experience was immediately after the stations went live, they were having issues but it was fixed the next day. 100% since then, always hit max speed, have used all three stations currently live in my state. Charging curve up high is still horrible, and the only reason I'm still considering a max pack truck is to have more energy put in before the horrible taper kicks in.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Mostly good here. I've used most of the stations in CA and OR and I have encountered two issues:

In Madras on a cold night it was topping out at 100kW at multiple stations, not due to the truck but same station worked good a couple days later in warmer temps. In Crescent I had an issue where I was getting 'unplug and try again' errors after charging for a while but switching to a different charger fixed that.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Have used 6 of them so far - Sac, Truckee, Ukiah, Crescent, Fortuna, Klamath Falls.

100% so far. I managed to hit two of them on opening day, as well (as I later discovered).

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Aberdeen, Fortuna, Ukiah and Sac. All perfect except Fortuna due to area wide power outage.

Sponsored

huskybrewing

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

I've only used the Barstow RAN station. One of the six chargers was out the last time I was there, but I've never had to wait and the experience is perfect. Plug it in and the thing rocks and rolls, usually hitting ~215kwh for a bit before ramping down as the battery gets over 60ish%. No drama or anxiety as you experience with EA. Free fast charging is obviously great while it lasts.

I'm hoping Buttonwillow CA opens before the summer road trip season.

daorte

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Limestone R1T
Occupation
Operations Director
I've used 3 of them, Lincoln City, Madras, and Clackamas. All perfect experiences. Wish they would build some going East on I84!

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
I have used Manteca, Sacramento and Truckee multiple times. Experience was 5-star each time. FAR better than any of the other players in the DCFC space.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
I posted this in the wrong thread earlier. Too many windows open on my phone. Copying and pasting here:

Tried Lincoln city, coos bay and Crescent city without success, but it turns out that my truck was the culprit. It’s been in and out of the service center now, and I can’t wait to test out a RAN and see if works!

Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Great so far.

I am a bit nervous about Happy Valley Oregon as that's the charger I'll use the most, but Rivian seems to enabled any CCS vehicle to charge there for free so I'm anticipating that it will get busier as word gets out.

Free is hard for people to resist.

TimJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6
I have charged in Manteca, CA twice. Both were great sessions with plug and walk away. No complaints. Would choose RAN over EA every time.

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

Great so far.

I am a bit nervous about Happy Valley Oregon as that's the charger I'll use the most, but Rivian seems to enabled any CCS vehicle to charge there for free so I'm anticipating that it will get busier as word gets out.

Free is hard for people to resist.
How did you hear it was open to other CCS vehicles? Did you see a non-Rivian charging there successfully?

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Unless they made an exception for this one location, the RAN only works if you have a Rivian. They are free for Rivians. I was at the Happy Valley chargers the day before they turned them on so I had to use the EA station across the street.

I just got back from a 4000+ mile camping trip with my R1T. We planned the route so we could hit the RAN chargers in Salida and Montrose. Both worked great, were convenient, were quick to initiate, and ramped up to almost 220 kW. I had issues with several other networks (I'm talking about you, Hion ...), but nothing that cost me anything more than a little lost time. But even at their best the other networks required a lot more time to get to the point where charging started. The RAN has no messing with apps or waiting for authorization - just plug in and you're done. More RAN please!

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Used many in Oregon now and zero issues. Just plug and charge!
Sponsored