Sponsored

Rivian Begins Recruitment for Vancouver Service Centre

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/rivian-first-canadian-service-center-vancouver/

According to company spokesperson Laura Weston, Rivian has started its recruitment efforts for its first Service Center in Vancouver.

In reviewing Rivian’s careers page, there is currently one service job listed in Vancouver for a Manager, Field Service. The job description says the successful candidate will “lead and manage all local operations on the ground.”

In a sign that this position is required to be filled before moving on to other service related positions, the description also says the manager will “build a strong customer-centric team of Mobile/Service Technicians, Service Advisors, and Parts Advisors.”
Finally some movement.
Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Hopefully, it's a sign of things starting to move over here. But I am not going to hold my breath until I start seeing some R1Ts driving around here.

I wonder if their current Vancouver office would be the service and delivery centre or are they planning to build a new delivery location all together.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Hopefully, it's a sign of things starting to move over here. But I am not going to hold my breath until I start seeing some R1Ts driving around here.

I wonder if their current Vancouver office would be the service and delivery centre or are they planning to build a new delivery location all together.
They have two addresses in the Vancouver area. Yaletown used to be a mini showroom, their service was offsite - and those are much smaller cars!

wristybusiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model X
What about service centre location? Or a list of intended locations in 2023?

According to LinkedIn, there are at least two Canadian Rivian Guides already hired as of earlier this year. Why hire them so early when we are seemingly so far away from deliveries?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
What about service centre location? Or a list of intended locations in 2023?

According to LinkedIn, there are at least two Canadian Rivian Guides already hired as of earlier this year. Why hire them so early when we are seemingly so far away from deliveries?
rivian isn’t saying where service centres will be. One of the maps in investor docs indicated Vancouver, Calgary, and somewhere that looked ottawa-ish. Although it seems more likely to be in the KW.

why hire early? Training, I’d guess. Would you rather someone with a few weeks of training, or several months handling your Rivian?
apparently all of their new people put in time at the factory as part of training.
Also just because a job is posted doesn’t mean they’ll find someone right away.
Sponsored