Taysh831

First Name
Ritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I purchase and installed my Rivian wall charger in early May and it has worked flawlessly since. The last 2 days though charging has failed sometime after starting over night and requires the charger to be power cycled to work again. Have a ticket in with service but was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar. I did receive an email a few days before my issue started stating Rivian was going to push a firmware update to the charger so wondering if maybe that’s the cause of the issue. Plugging in our Tesla wall charger works fine so I know it’s not the truck.
Sponsored

pmclaughlin2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Pilot
I'm having the same issue actually. Did you just reset your charger and it worked after that in every instance? or do you still need to reset the charger periodically?

also, when I contacted Rivian they asked if a qualified electrician installed mine & said that it likely failed because a qualified electrician wasn't involved. I question whether that makes sense considering ours both worked for 6+ months and then failed at the same time.

OP
OP

Taysh831

First Name
Ritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

So I just heard back the other day and they did the same to me but mine was installed by an electrician buddy so that wasn’t an issue for me. They tried to say my wire was burnt but it wasn’t. they wanted me to get the unit to fault again so they could check logs. I had the unit powered off for a week and what I ended up doing after checking the wires is tightening all the terminals and once powered again it has been working fine so I’m waiting to see if it fails again. I would recommend checking the wires and make that all 3 screws are properly tightened. Also what firmware are you on? I still think it was Rivian trying to push a firmware that caused me issues but they wouldn’t confirm that other than saying they are pushing firmware updates. Hope that helps.
Sponsored