Sponsored

Florida Boy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX300h, Toyota Tacoma
My guess is the stock price played a huge role in his decision - and probably with other senior leadership departures, too.

All of those massive options or restricted stock units aren't as valuable and they probably aren't going to get the payday they imagined. When stock prices go down at a notable firm, recruiters will target them because those golden handcuffs aren't as heavy.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
My guess is the stock price played a huge role in his decision - and probably with other senior leadership departures, too.

All of those massive options or restricted stock units aren't as valuable and they probably aren't going to get the payday they imagined. When stock prices go down at a notable firm, recruiters will target them because those golden handcuffs aren't as heavy.
Bingo: His compensation was probably stock heavy and now that the price is down, he’s heading back to mcclaren for more cash.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
People have been complaining about the tocking on their R1s. It seems that the man ultimately responsible is no longer with the company. Is this some to be happy or sad about?
That depends. People have been raving about the suspension on their R1s and how the vehicle is technologically superior to say a Lightning. The man ultimately responsible is no longer with the company. Is this something to be happy or sad about?

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
What exactly was his role at Rivian? People are talking about him in this thread as if he was the one who designed the suspension system, but that LinkedIn clip shows all software work in the past. Doesn't seem to me like he designed the suspension hardware. Maybe he did the tuning software?

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

This is the million dollar question. Everyone here is focused on the departure and trying to put it into some favorable context but the reality is Rivian keeps losing experienced well qualified people and they haven’t replaced them with the same.

These people don’t grow on trees. The good ones are already working at top tier companies and you have to pay them top dollar to get them in the door.

A startup in the beginning has a lot of shine to entice people to make the jump especially with stock options. It is clear Rivian stock will be in the dumps for years now and to other people’s point, if this guy and others can get a bigger payday why wouldn’t they?

What does this mean for Rivian? They will have to likely overpay in salary to bring in qualified and experienced senior leadership and then they will blow up their salary expenditures reducing their bottom line.

A single senior leadership person leaving isn’t cause for concern but the trend of continued and increasing departures at this stage of the company can alter its course in a bad way.

Last edited:

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
If this fellow is responsible for the Rivian regen traction debacle, I’m OK with his departure.
Sponsored