Rivian Guide Appreciation

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Just an appreciation post for the Rivian Guides that have worked to fulfill our orders or in the process of delivering our R1s. I had the privilege to meet a number of guides and I have seen first hand how much they are doing to get as many people in their R1s. I know not everyone has had an amazing experience as I have but just know they're working they're a$$ off, especially in December.

To my guide Zach: THANK YOU for overdelivering on my Rivian experience. with gratitude forever, Pat
Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Our guide Tyler has been awesome as well. Their workload has quadrupled since early November.

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
My guide was always so helpful and nice to talk with. My truck was early, back in March, so Olivia was just getting started, but did an outstanding job. She has since moved up the ladder in some other capacity, where, I'm sure she will do very well. Thank you for your efforts.

RivianRiverRat

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla 3, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Civil Engineer
My guide was always so helpful and nice to talk with. My truck was early, back in March, so Olivia was just getting started, but did an outstanding job. She has since moved up the ladder in some other capacity, where, I'm sure she will do very well. Thank you for your efforts.
Olivia D is my guide - just got notified at the beginning of the month of eminent delivery

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Kareem was the man. Super helpful, cool guy.

Sponsored

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
Since it is guide appreciation in this thread, I wanna thank my guide Steve. Since I had to delay my delivery due to some medical needs, he sent me a care package after delivery of the vehicle. Appreciate this kind action by Steve and Rivian. Thank you Steve !

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Appreciation 1671145229148

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

My guide was on vacation when I took delivery, so here's to Cat, my substitute guide! Cat answered all of my emails quickly despite a stated preference for texts, and helped me scramble to secure the right financing paperwork (specific wire receipt) and proof of insurance for delivery day. Thanks, Cat!

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Olivia D is my guide - just got notified at the beginning of the month of eminent delivery
Happy for you but man is that crazy. I ordered about 3 years before you : )

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Iā€™m not one to throw anyone under the bus but my experience has been very different. I find customer service extraordinary helpful with all my questions but donā€™t understand the value of the ā€œguide.ā€ Iā€™ve sent 6 different basic comments/questions questions since Nov 30th with nary a reply or even acknowledgement. Sorry, but over 2 weeks is unacceptable to me. The guide was very very nice on the intro call but Iā€™m just going to stick to regular CS who answers my questions quickly and promptly. I even sent a message making sure they were OK. Crickets.

I am sure they are very busy but if you canā€™t deliver the service experience it sours everything in my book.

that said, my interactions with regular customer service have been nothing short of extraordinary, and would not let this one experience ruin my overall thoughts and feelings about my buying
experience!

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Iā€™m not one to throw anyone under the bus but my experience has been very different. I find customer service extraordinary helpful with all my questions but donā€™t understand the value of the ā€œguide.ā€ Iā€™ve sent 6 different basic comments/questions questions since Nov 30th with nary a reply or even acknowledgement. Sorry, but over 2 weeks is unacceptable to me. The guide was very very nice on the intro call but Iā€™m just going to stick to regular CS who answers my questions quickly and promptly. I even sent a message making sure they were OK. Crickets.

I am sure they are very busy but if you canā€™t deliver the service experience it sours everything in my book.

that said, my interactions with regular customer service have been nothing short of extraordinary, and would not let this one experience ruin my overall thoughts and feelings about my buying
experience!
Once youā€™re in the 8-steps the guides ensure you have everything to get to delivery. I donā€™t know if CS can access that process. Our guide has been super helpful and has ensured documents are reviewed in a timely fashion.

One other thing to keep in mind is that the guides are not all knowing. They do their best with the info theyā€™re given, but our guide went out of his way to find us a truck.

Sponsored

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
My first guide Eric and his padwon Sean have both been awesome. Thanks to both of them!!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Once youā€™re in the 8-steps the guides ensure you have everything to get to delivery. I donā€™t know if CS can access that process. Our guide has been super helpful and has ensured documents are reviewed in a timely fashion.

One other thing to keep in mind is that the guides are not all knowing. They do their best with the info theyā€™re given, but our guide went out of his way to find us a truck.
Iā€™m not overly upset, more disappointed that my experience doesnā€™t seem to mimic the obviously overwhelming positive experiences most of you have all had!

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
My guide didn't do a whole lot. Based on posts here from people who spent 45 minutes or more on the phone when first assigned a guide I expected a more hand's on approach than I received. My first call lasted less than 10 minutes as he had to go., Also my guide had contradictory information (e.g., delivery date) than the text communication I had with the SC.

Don't get me wrong, he was perfectly fine and professional but I don't see how the guide model makes any sense if Rivian wants to scale production.

OP
OP
ORFynder

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate

experience!
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I have had 3 guides since May (took delivery of Rosie 6/25/22). and my guides were able to secure my R1T even though I had last minute changes, walked me thru the purchase process flawlessly (finished in under 2 hrs), able to recoup my registration cost when US Regs messed up on behalf of Rivian, and provided feedback I had on the R1 to the appropriate dept. I also feel I have a lifelong friend in my guide that we now share our Rivian experiences with. I would recommend setting up a calends follow up call with your guide to help address any outstanding questions.

As for the CEC customer service team, they are amazing as well. In fact, one of their reps, Tish, in Normal, I consider pretty much family. I was able to meet her in person in Oct and was blown away with her passion for our customer base.

Sincerely hope your guide experience will improve

OP
OP
ORFynder

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
My guide didn't do a whole lot. Based on posts here from people who spent 45 minutes or more on the phone when first assigned a guide I expected a more hand's on approach than I received. My first call lasted less than 10 minutes as he had to go., Also my guide had contradictory information (e.g., delivery date) than the text communication I had with the SC.

Don't get me wrong, he was perfectly fine and professional but I don't see how the guide model makes any sense if Rivian wants to scale production.
I dont think that is the norm with guides, as all three of my guide gave me 30+ more minutes to connect and Zach is still extremely helpful 5 months after we got Rosie
Sponsored