Sponsored

Rivian May Have Found Solution to Its Biggest Problem (The Street)

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Rivian May Have Found Solution to Its Biggest Problem

It looks like the sky is finally clearing over Rivian's head, because the carmaker just sent a message that suggests that it is starting to see the end of this ramp-up production problems. Indeed, the carmaker has reduced the delivery time of the R1T. A consumer who orders this pickup truck today, should receive it in 14 days or less, depending on the location.
nothing new but perhaps this will change some of the narrative on the (wall) street for RIVN.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Decreased delivery time could also be due to decreased demand. Arenā€™t they making more R1Ses than R1Ts nowadays?
shortened delivery is for the truck. Too bad Rivian didn't design an SUV to start with as that seems to be where the demand is (and given the U.S. market an SUV would have made a lot of sense to start with).

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Decreased delivery time could also be due to decreased demand. Arenā€™t they making more R1Ses than R1Ts nowadays?
Rivian said last year that they would stop reporting reservation numbers because the long wait was keeping customers away, so this will help with customers who donā€™t want to wait. Rivian has also said that the majority of their reservations are now for the R1S. They wonā€™t meet that backlog until early 2024.

The R1Ts that are available now are all quad motor, and remaining reservation holders waiting on the max pack or dual motor wonā€™t get those until later this year. This just means Rivian has met the backlog of R1T quad motors.

Rivian also stated on their Q4 call that they were going to utilize the R1 shop more in 2023. Thatā€™s exactly what theyā€™re doing. The 14-day or less R1T is an R1 shop vehicle.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
I find it hard to believe that a consumer could order a R1T today and get it in 14 days, even in heaven.

Not being a jerk, would really like to know.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I find it hard to believe that a consumer could order a R1T today and get it in 14 days, even in heaven.

Not being a jerk, would really like to know.
Pretty sure the 14 days is for a vehicle that's already in the shop. From some of the folks in here talking about shop inventory it seems like a lot of popular combos are present, so it's not that unrealistic.

LevelHeaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM
Occupation
Financial Technology
Clubs

Pretty sure the 14 days is for a vehicle that's already in the shop. From some of the folks in here talking about shop inventory it seems like a lot of popular combos are present, so it's not that unrealistic.
Can confirm, ordered 5/12, picking up 5/23 (but it was ready on 5/19)

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2023 M3P, 2021 Audi SQ5
Occupation
CISO
Clubs

Correct, but even R1T factory deliveries are rolling out quick.

04/17 - Reservation
04/20 - Configuration
04/21 - Confirmation
04/24 - Guide
05/11 - 8 Steps
05/12 - In route to SC

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
Congratz on getting R1T's in 14 Days or less. I'll be standing in line (800 days or so...) waiting for my R1S o_O

cdub

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf 2011
Occupation
Editor
I'll be standing in line (800 days or so...) waiting for my R1S
That can't be right can it? Although if that's the case I just need to save $100/day and I can pay with cold hard cash. šŸ¤£

Sponsored

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

This just seems to reaffirm that Rivian is weaving in a LOT of "new" pricing deliveries to mitigate the locked in pricing vehicles "losses" and makes the books look better. I don't mind this in the sense of I want the company to thrive, but I still don't enjoy wiping spit out of my eye either.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Well I hope the 14 days is true because when the power tonneau cover finally enters production and I can add it to my delayed order (placed in 2021 delivery delayed since January/2023) I am not going to have much patience left to finally get an R1T in my hands.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Well I hope the 14 days is true because when the power tonneau cover finally enters production and I can add it to my delayed order (placed in 2021 delivery delayed since January/2023) I am not going to have much patience left to finally get an R1T in my hands.
I am in the same situation of putting my October 2021 order. On hold until the PTC becomes available. They said mid Summer which I take to be August for the new one to start to be fitted to trucks from last year. I would therefore assume July we will hear something for those to schedule service. I would hope in either July or August they mention a timeline for new builds - hopefully September if they have the parts.
Does this seem a reasonable timeline or am I being too optimistic?

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I am in the same situation of putting my October 2021 order. On hold until the PTC becomes available. They said mid Summer which I take to be August for the new one to start to be fitted to trucks from last year. I would therefore assume July we will hear something for those to schedule service. I would hope in either July or August they mention a timeline for new builds - hopefully September if they have the parts.
Does this seem a reasonable timeline or am I being too optimistic?
With Rivian, it is nearly impossible to know if their timelines will actually come to fruition. I would say lets wait to see when they get the manual/fixed power tonneau into existing customers hands and then go from there.

I would be thrilled if we can get our R1Ts with power cover into production by September!

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

With Rivian, it is nearly impossible to know if their timelines will actually come to fruition. I would say lets wait to see when they get the manual/fixed power tonneau into existing customers hands and then go from there.

I would be thrilled if we can get our R1Ts with power cover into production by September!
I understand the reticent on timing but since they showed (albeit briefly) the powered cover in May so they should be close.
Sponsored