First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

So worried about my stocks TBH ATM..
Let me alleviate some of your worries... DO NOT LOOK AT THEM!

If you want to buy more, this afternoon or tomorrow morning may be a good time. If you want to sell some, the best time just passed.

Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Based on their history technically accurate but very misleading statements, and the number of people on social media / forum who got their trucks this week, I think they might claim that they delivered a hundred trucks per day this week, without mentioning that it was several months of production delivered all at once.

If none of the attendees push back, the stock price may not drop as much as I was expecting it to a week ago when it did not appear as if they had delivered any vehicles.

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Yes to butts in trucks.

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance 2022

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Anyone know what time the call starts?

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Based on their history technically accurate but very misleading statements, and the number of people on social media / forum who got their trucks this week, I think they might claim that they delivered a hundred trucks per day this week, without mentioning that it was several months of production delivered all at once.

If none of the attendees push back, the stock price may not drop as much as I was expecting it to a week ago when it did not appear as if they had delivered any vehicles.
This is kind of a weird scenario to be worried about. The facts that matter right now are:
  1. Production. Is the R1T ramp scaling?
  2. R1S and EDV - Are they on track?

3. Very distant third: Net reservations after the pricing fiasco (would be interesting to dig into # of cancellations, restored reservations, and new reservations at the new price - but it hasn't been long enough for any of these to be meaningful analytically)
Deliveries is kind of a non-issue. We're anxious but it's visibly happening now. The only question is whether they can ramp manufacturing quickly enough to compete. We are a long way away from any concern about their ability to sell what they build.

They will have to demonstrate that there is demand at the new prices. But they have levers to adjust pricing down the road to make sure that stays true as the market continues to fluctuate.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Well. Based on a post from somebody who picked up their truck in Normal Tuesday there were hundreds of trucks there and they were loading them up into rail cars. I can’t imagine any of those getting delivered before today’s call, so I suspect over the next week, deliveries will increase. Whether they can ramp production to sustain the delivery rate is an open question, but I don’t think this was a stunt solely to get deliveries right before the earnings call.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
The facts that matter right now are:
I wonder if it’s too soon to ask about/discuss when they will be profitable, ie, for example, 3 years after the Georgia plant starts up?

I hope they cover how they are doing securing raw material and parts supplies. It would help support any ramp up claims and estimates.
Sponsored