Sponsored

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I know the R2R is supposed to be some rally wagon, but I would sure like someone to build a BEV in a Wrangler/Bronco form factor. Put in 6 of Rivian’s battery modules, the removable roof that’s coming in 2022, and charge $57.5k.

A3612F82-1FB0-47FA-80B9-8074ECC7ADA8.jpeg
Oooo a K5 Blazer inspired model would be sweet
Sponsored

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Because of the limited range when towing, I have decided not to buy the pickup and instead build a Ford F550 based expedition vehicle and get the R2R instead as long as it is flat towable. I am going to live in the expedition vehicle full-time.

I am really hoping they will have a way to tap into the battery like they state they will have in the other vehicles. This would be a great way to keep the house batteries topped off on days and locations when the solar isn't doing it. It would be cool if it would go both ways and the battery of the R2R could be charged when the solar is plentiful.

I know charging with 120V will be possible as it will have a built in charger, but I think it would be great to allow that charger to work in reverse and supply 120V back out. Then it would be a single cable.

OP
OP
Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
When do you all suppose they'll unveil the R2s? If Rivian's talking Europe in '22, seems like they'd be wanting to unveil some smaller models early '22 at the latest. Also, wondering if the R2R will be considerably more affordable or if it's meant to be more of a high-end performance model?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I'm guessing the R2's and R3's will come from the near-by factory that has yet to be built. I'd think the current factory will be dedicated to the R1T, R1S, and the AmaVans. Therefore, I'm guessing it'll be a few years before they have anything ready for Europe, but they may surprise us!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I'm guessing the R2's and R3's will come from the near-by factory that has yet to be built. I'd think the current factory will be dedicated to the R1T, R1S, and the AmaVans. Therefore, I'm guessing it'll be a few years before they have anything ready for Europe, but they may surprise us!
I'd joke that, with the speed they've shown in rolling out the R1 line, Europe should have something as soon as 2030, but I don't want them to push my LE order to the end of the line. I can almost hear RJ, in December of 2023, "We're so sorry, but your R1T is now available for pickup here. Since we're out of Launch Green, we painted it Neon Pink so you'll stand out as you leave here during this once in a generation blizzard we're having. Have a wonderful trip! By the way, since all the Camp Kitchens sold out in the first three months, we went to special lengths to have Taylor Swift autograph the driver's door for you. It looks way better than I thought possible using an ice ax".

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Have they said something about an R3 platform?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

It may just be a generic term for "future vehicles", but I've heard it used. I know there has been chatter about something that would compete very directly against the Jeep Wrangler lineup, which seems a natural. But, again, maybe that's just wishful thinking.

As future-looking as RJ and Co. seem to be, it would surprise me greatly if they don't already have several more concepts under consideration.

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
Last edited:

P.S.Mangelsdorf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1940 Chevy EV conversion, 2017 Challenger (daily)
Occupation
Consultant
When do you all suppose they'll unveil the R2s? If Rivian's talking Europe in '22, seems like they'd be wanting to unveil some smaller models early '22 at the latest. Also, wondering if the R2R will be considerably more affordable or if it's meant to be more of a high-end performance model?
My bet is that they won't release any new vehicles until at least some R1T and R1S are in customers driveways. Can you imagine the caterwauling on this forum if they announced new products before anyone got their current orders?

I believe it was a MotorTrend article/interview where RJ mentioned there would be a mid and small platform, likely R2 and R3.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Oh, I just ate lunch... why did I have to look at that? Ugh, I feel sick to my stomach.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I think someone may have an issue using that back-end without properly securing the appropriate licensing arrangement.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R2R Rally Inspired Crossover-Wagon Details / Specs Rumored 1623741319335
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R2R Rally Inspired Crossover-Wagon Details / Specs Rumored 1623741407625

daroaro

First Name
geoas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA
Occupation
Marketer
I think it was an article or interview with MotorTrend where RJ indicated there will be a mid-sized platform as well as a tiny platform, most likely designated as R2 and R3.
Sponsored