Sponsored

Rivian should focus on features that set them apart from the rest of the industry, not AA/CP.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'll try to keep my whining about your whining about no AA/CP to this thread moving forward. I'll link in threads that annoy me to not clutter the other threads. Other people are welcome to do the same thing and additionally clutter this thread.

If you don't want to see this thread pop up in your feed, hitting the big compass yellow ignore button on the top right of this post should do it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ElCapiTan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang
Occupation
Computer Janitor
I agree. I'm indifferent on all the CP/AA talk, but I'm sure this thread is going to make a left any minute now.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
This argument only makes sense if 1) CarPlay/AA was time or resource-consuming to implement (it isn’t) or 2) CarPlay/AA prevented Rivian from continuing to develop its own ecosystem (it doesn’t).

Other than that, rock-solid argument. Any other optional and attainable features owners are demanding you are unreasonably against?

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I agree. I'm indifferent on all the CP/AA talk, but I'm sure this thread is going to make a left any minute now.
It just has come to a point where it's obvious there's no constructive talk left in the topic until Rivian takes a different stance. I don't need to convince people to change their opinion any more than they need to convince me.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian should focus on features that set them apart from the rest of the industry, not AA/CP. 1673894709733

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I'll try to keep my whining about your whining about no AA/CP to this thread moving forward. I'll link in threads that annoy me to not clutter the other threads.

If you don't want to see this thread pop up in your feed, hitting the big compass yellow ignore button on the top right of this post should do it.
Upset about people voicing opinions?

*Hold my beer* Voices opinion.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I am a huge Apple user and fan. But I am also ambivalent on whether it gets added. There are things I like about CP and I would use it sometimes with Waze, etc but I also wouldn't care if they never add it as long as they continue to improve on their own UI. Rivian could offer both and make most people happy.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I also don't care about AA/CP. I don't use it in any other vehicles I have. I'd prefer they invest in other areas.
I loved using AA in my Bolt, but there wasn't an alternative at all. No built in navigation. The Polestar completely changed my mind that a navigation system done differently could be huge. Being able to have a full map in the driver's display is something I wish Rivian had done. While knowing what the truck sees and is reacting to isn't completely useless, it's still not as useful of a feature to me. I wish we could expand the driver's display map to take up 3/4 of the display instead of less than a third.

The Hummer included AA and CP and it was less useful than just using the built-in google maps in the Android Automotive system.

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

My opinion is the most important of all opinions, IMHO.
I agree with you but you shouldn't speak in third person as if it were first.