Sponsored

Rivian Stock Really Costs 19 Cents. Investors Shouldn’t Forget Cash.

Tahoe Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
$28/share is his target? That's 115% gain. Lol!! It's not like the outlook looks promising either.

I bought a very small purchase at $19 and so far this trade has been a total disaster.

50,000 is the current outlook, but that can change overnight when banks tighten.
Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Not as long as RJ has voting control.
Exactly. RJ needs to step aside and let someone else dealing with the business aspect of Rivian. He is killing it with bad decisions after bad decisions. How can he not see this? Is he surrounded by "yes" man and not giving him any good advices?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Exactly. RJ needs to step aside and let someone else dealing with the business aspect of Rivian. He is killing it with bad decisions after bad decisions. How can he not see this? Is he surrounded by "yes" man and not giving him any good advices?
Thanks for your opinion. Strongly disagree, RJ is Rivian if he stepped aside the stock would crash.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Thanks for your opinion. Strongly disagree, RJ is Rivian if he stepped aside the stock would crash.
I didn't say he needs to step aside completely, he is an engineer, he should stick to design it.
The list of bad decisions from price hike and rescind the price hike costed rivian billions.
The latest one with trying to end Amazon deal. What is he thinking???

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
That's what I'm looking to do. But not yet. There is so much volitility that I expect it to drop further. We've already hit another 52wk low today.

I have 300 shares at $48, so i can really help my average at some point.
Last week I was pondering a purchase also. Then the banking thing came out. My gut feeling is that due to the "butterfly effect" of this banking issue, markets are going to flounder a bit and Rivian may continue to decline. Credit Suisse and Euro banks are agitated now. If this banking thing settles down and doesn't create huge butterfly waves, I'll probably buy late this week or next.

Sponsored

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
$28/share is his target? That's 115% gain. Lol!! It's not like the outlook looks promising either.

I bought a very small purchase at $19 and so far this trade has been a total disaster.

50,000 is the current outlook, but that can change overnight when banks tighten.
Reuters maintains a current price target of $31.75 for RIVN.

Picked up some more today to help my avg $/share as well!

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
I swore I wasn't going to buy any more Rivian, but at these prices I'm probably going to purchase another 100 or so just to get my average $/share down too.
I'm kind of torn along the same line of thought....but I'm not so sure that's a good move. I mean, we still don't even know for sure if Rivian is going to survive or not. I hope they do, but it's not exactly a guarantee.

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
The valuation relative to Lucid is certainly strange. I bought in the IPO but sold that position last year and took the tax deduction. Last week, I started building a new position in the stock (I must be a glutton for punishment). I've since been buying more on the way down to lower my avg cost, which is approaching $14. Hoping the stock price bottoms out around $12 or more, but I'm in for the long haul now.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I think you've got RJ and Elon mixed up.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The latest one with trying to end Amazon deal. What is he thinking???
I'm not sure where you heard they are trying to end the deal with Amazon. Amazon is on the hook for 100,000 vehicles by the end of 2030 but as far as anyone knows, they haven't agreed to purchase more than that many. Rivian is already at point where they can produce enough vehicles to exceed that number and yet they are not able to sell them because the agreement with Amazon does not allow them to. They are just trying to renegotiate the agreement with Amazon so they can sell the EDV line to other companies. It's not just the delivery market they will be targeting going forward.

I think there was an expectation that Amazon would pick up the amount of vehicles they wanted to buy, but they have been dialing back their own expansion plans because they expect the recession to worsen.

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I think you've got RJ and Elon mixed up.
I have lots of stocks with both. Bought the pre IPO Rivian shares and more when they dipped. In a big hole with RIVN. I really love both rivian and tesla's cars, but let's be real here. RJ and Elon are not even in the same league as CEO of their respective company.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

The cash will be gone in 2 years, so don't include it in enterprise value.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I'm in the same boat, how the market likes lucid over rivian defies all logic.

I guess the only explanation is the media always trashes rivian on any perceived issue and they are pretty relaxed on lucid. That may be the saudi oil money vs besos money backing.

I started buying again at 13.8 to average down my IPO shares and my $91 shares, ouch.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I have lots of stocks with both. Bought the pre IPO Rivian shares and more when they dipped. In a big hole with RIVN. I really love both rivian and tesla's cars, but let's be real here. RJ and Elon are not even in the same league as CEO of their respective company.
You're right, I don't think RJ would distract himself from Rivian by spending 44 billion dollars on a social media company.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I'm not sure where you heard they are trying to end the deal with Amazon. Amazon is on the hook for 100,000 vehicles by the end of 2030 but as far as anyone knows, they haven't agreed to purchase more than that many. Rivian is already at point where they can produce enough vehicles to exceed that number and yet they are not able to sell them because the agreement with Amazon does not allow them to. They are just trying to renegotiate the agreement with Amazon so they can sell the EDV line to other companies. It's not just the delivery market they will be targeting going forward.

I think there was an expectation that Amazon would pick up the amount of vehicles they wanted to buy, but they have been dialing back their own expansion plans because they expect the recession to worsen.
You're right, I don't think RJ would distract himself from Rivian by spending 44 billion dollars on a social media company.
Elon can afford to do that. RJ can't !!!
Sponsored