Sponsored

Rivian Stock Really Costs 19 Cents. Investors Shouldn’t Forget Cash.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I'm trading in a IRA, I won't be claiming a capital gains loss, nor am I looking for one. Just averaging down without sinking more $$ into the stock.
Ok sure, not an expert but what is the advantage of doing this then? I guess just psychological?
Sponsored

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
Ok sure, not an expert but what is the advantage of doing this then? I guess just psychological?
Part of it is psychological, sure. But it also means my total investment is "in the black" (or is it green?) at a lower price point once the price starts going back up.

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Rivian being worth nothing more than cash value is the market not believing in Rivian’s growth strategy. What advantages does Rivian have over any other automaker? They don’t have speed of execution. Or quality. Or access to capital, factories, experienced labor, manufacturing expertise or supply chains. They have design, but they seem to have designed vehicles which are hard to manufacture. They also have some nice software UX and OTA, but with terrible nav., so they may be skin deep. I don’t see a moat.

The market thinks Rivian is going to spend all of their money on a new factory just as the big automakers are bringing down the electric hammer. That, or they think Rivian won’t get enough batteries to grow their sales, and thus will slowly bleed money in overheads. Or both.

Lucid is valued highly because they’re building a factory in Saudi Arabia. There is speculation the Saudis will buy them.

Last edited:

kayabusa

First Name
Leandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Printer
You guys all are not considering one little factor...… we are in a bear market and the bottom is still to be seeing..... brace your self because the ride will get a lot more bumpy.
Sponsored