Sponsored

gingerjet

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Apple Music isn’t that great honestly. I just canceled it. The Tidal mixes seem to be better than Apple’s are, at least for the electronic/EDM type music I listen to. I would have never known that had Rivian supported Apple Music over Tidal. Thanks Rivian.
I just cancelled Tidal because Apple's electronic/EDM mixes are better. Its all subjective.

And I don't use the native Apple Music app in my Tesla as it has the same problem as every other 'streaming' app has in the Tesla: its inability to cache data. Is the Rivian any better? No idea as I haven't gotten mine yet.
Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I wouldn't really call it a price war, but a price correction.

Rivian doesn't have to price correct because they still have a huge backlog, and quite a few of the backlog are orders from before the price increase.

They do have to make a profit, and as customers of their product we want them to make a profit so they can stay alive.

I think half their phone customer service can be replaced by bots. Just how hard is it for a bot to say "Have you tried three different reboots to fix the problem " or "I'm sorry I don't have access to an R1T/R1S so I can't test to see if the problem is limited to your vehicle or fleet wide".

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance 2022
I think everyone should send a going away note to their Guide…

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
I wouldn't really call it a price war, but a price correction.

Rivian doesn't have to price correct because they still have a huge backlog, and quite a few of the backlog are orders from before the price increase.

They do have to make a profit, and as customers of their product we want them to make a profit so they can stay alive.

I think half their phone customer service can be replaced by bots. Just how hard is it for a bot to say "Have you tried three different reboots to fix the problem " or "I'm sorry I don't have access to an R1T/R1S so I can't test to see if the problem is limited to your vehicle or fleet wide".
If Tesla starts building backlog they will raise price. Tesla wants to meet its 2023 volume projection. A revenue hit causes no long term harm.

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)
My good friend was the designer on the 8 steps system; he was hit in this round, along with most of his team. He found out the same time the rest of us did.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I think everyone should send a going away note to their Guide…
The Guide model seems unscalable and there is such variation in the experiences of the consumer (some of us had guides that were slow to respond and had information that differed from the delivery team, etc) that this is probably a good move by Rivian.

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser & 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Finance
This was inevitable and won't be the last of Rivian layoffs. If you're losing $145,000 a vehicle because you cannot increase volumn quickly enough, then this is your only course of action. A few analysts have stated they need to make 200,000 a year a current pricing to approach break-even with existing conditions...

I'm not worried, as I believe if Rivian doesn't survive (and I believe they will), they will be picked up by Apple or someone of that ilk.......love my R1T! Lightning strategy was flawless, which is market to existing F150 stylists who absolutely are in FOMO mode....

Look at my truck, who in their right mind wouldn't love that thing?! ;)

20230201_121159.jpg
That is one S**xy Beast!!!

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser & 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Finance

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
I’ve been browsing LinkedIn and am surprised by the number of Rivian Engineers announcing they are being let go. Did they way over hire engineers?

Sponsored

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

I’ve been browsing LinkedIn and am surprised by the number of Rivian Engineers announcing they are being let go. Did they way over hire engineers?
No, the macro changes forced them to re-calibrate, same as every other large tech company.
Sponsored