Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Dark days for Rivian. My heart goes out to all the folks let go. Stock is down another 3.6% on the news which puts the market cap only 4 billion higher than their cash on hand. Considering Rivian has an order for 100k delivery vans from Amazon worth billions, the passenger vehicle side of Rivian is essentially worthless. The lack of EV rebates on any of their vehicles combined with price pressure from Tesla along with the cooling economy is quite the headwind for Rivian. I expect my stock to go to zero. That way I can only be pleasantly surprised. I hope we don't all end up like the folks who bought Fisker Karmas. 🤞
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian to cut 6% of workforce amid price war 1675273840435

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Considering I bought IPO shares, my pint is already a shot glass. Not particularly important in comparison to the lives overturned by the layoffs but I don't have any smaller glasses to pour into. Can you spare a thimble?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I do know what I'm talking about because I've owned two Rivians, have extensive experience with the software in both, and I've worked in software for years. Rivian insists they can build so much of the experience themselves, then fails to deliver. That is a poor reflection on the responsible team. Their strategy is clearly untenable and should be cut.
Rivian should fire some of their customers, that's for damn sure ;)

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The infotainment sure is. And that's what we're discussing here. Try to keep up!
You just love to be hurt, that's all I can deduce from any conversation about Rivian I have with you.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
You just love to be hurt, that's all I can deduce from any conversation about Rivian I have with you.
Met plenty of people who are always the victim and find always things to complain about. If not the infotainment today, it’ll be something else to complain about tomorrow. Generally, avoid them

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Met plenty of people who are always the victim and find always things to complain about. If not the infotainment today, it’ll be something else to complain about tomorrow. Generally, avoid them
Is now a good time to talk about Carplay? /s

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Dark days for Rivian. My heart goes out to all the folks let go. Stock is down another 3.6% on the news which puts the market cap only 4 billion higher than their cash on hand. Considering Rivian has an order for 100k delivery vans from Amazon worth billions, the passenger vehicle side of Rivian is essentially worthless. The lack of EV rebates on any of their vehicles combined with price pressure from Tesla along with the cooling economy is quite the headwind for Rivian. I expect my stock to go to zero. That way I can only be pleasantly surprised. I hope we don't all end up like the folks who bought Fisker Karmas. 🤞
Rivian is moving, slowly, but moving against one hell of a headwind. COVID. Supply chain constraints. Third party price increases. A looming recession. If they make it through all of this, which I think they will, but a little poorer, they'll be that much better off coming out of it.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rivian is moving, slowly, but moving against one hell of a headwind. COVID. Supply chain constraints. Third party price increases. A looming recession. If they make it through all of this, which I think they will, but a little poorer, they'll be that much better off coming out of it.
I'll make sure to tell RJ you said nice things the next time he sends me an e-mail.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
The infotainment sure is. And that's what we're discussing here. Try to keep up!
It's the best I've ever experienced in a vehicle, by a long shot. See how easy it is for there to be other opinions? I know your kids just taught you how to use your iPhone, but try to keep up.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It's the best I've ever experienced in a vehicle, by a long shot. See how easy it is for there to be other opinions? I know your kids just taught you how to use your iPhone, but try to keep up.
Some people are just very particular about how they are infotained