Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Sorry, not sure I understand your reply.

I am just commenting on what I have seen and how the company has historically handled it.

Rivian always had a choice on how to communicate. Nothing I have written, as far as I can tell, is untrue or was taken out of context.
You stated: "I do not think Rivian will get 10k trucks out to non-employee customers this year." That statement is based on your prior observations that Rivian has yet to meet schedule and a prediction that they will continue to fail to meet schedule.

I stated: "you will continue to be right... until you aren't". Basically stating the obvious here. Rivian will continue to miss schedule until such point in time that they deliver something according to schedule. Once Rivian eventually starts delivering on schedule, your predictions of ongoing delays will no longer be correct.

Put another way, your prediction of Rivian delivering less than 10k trucks to non-employee customers this year will be, wait for it, either right or wrong.

Reactions: hed

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
why are we arguing about armchair predictions made by non-experts with no inside information?

it takes 100% less energy to wait and see

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
If you look further down they delivered a truck load of Hummers.
6 Ev's on those trucks. That puts them to... idk 10 total delivered since the start of December...? What's to brag about here?

Let's play the same game people have been playing with Rivian. That's ~10 trucks per month. They're going to deliver 120 trucks for the entire year, right?

Fair warning, GM's "start of production" delivery numbers for 2021 is my own personal source of humor given how much people freak out about Rivian.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

why are we arguing about armchair predictions made by non-experts with no inside information?

this lol

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
R1S is still working through prototyping
Not prototyping, preproduction.

"While some salable R1S units have been built, the company still has some pre-production work to complete on the SUV, the people said."

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Never good to worry about how the sausage is made.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian to ramp up production to 200 a week (per Bloomberg) 1643240565200

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##

Not to sound argumentative but isn't that part of what an internet forum is? People, like me, post opinions, both positive and negative, about whatever the topic may be about?
Sharing thoughts, passions and yes, speculation seems to be part of the expected experience. Yes/No?

I certainly am no expert, nor do I have any insider information. I have made an observation and expressed an opinion. Others have argued with post(s) they apparently feel question the current ability of Rivian to produce enough vehicles. Certainly within their rights, for my part I am merely pointing out why skepticism may be warranted and why some of us have it. It's not being negative just for the sake of being negative, at least for me.

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
wow, so I might get my day one Cybertruck reservation built before my #50K Rivian res. Might be two or three years before I get my Rivian, easy.

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
wow, so I might get my day one Cybertruck reservation built before my #50K Rivian res. Might be two or three years before I get my Rivian, easy.
Haha, funny you say that. Cybertruck is hopefully 2023 now.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management

In all seriousness... this is because their are no experts or insider info to argue with and I have time allotted to adventuring with my R1T but that has fallen through so far... BUT when I do get delivery I promise no more arguing on internet forums about production capacity.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Exactly.....even if I don't get my Cybertruck till the end of 2024 it might take Rivian 3 or 4 years to make 50K R1Ts...
Rivian isn't going to stay at 200 vehicles a week forever, eventually it'll ramp up to 300, 400, 500 etc. People who have orders now will likely have their vehicles by Q1 2024 at the latest.

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
Deer season is over and all the crops are harvested. Nothing else to really do here in Central IL. Hopefully everyone there is ready to build some trucks!
Sponsored