Sponsored

mikebikeswa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T, '21 M3 LR
My Rivian R1T (VIN #20xxx) was delivered on 4/26/23 and there is no frunk 12v plug or wiring. I removed the frunk tub and found that the wire harness on the chassis side has 12v power wired to the left frunk plug, but on the frunk side of the connector, there are only two wires for the frunk LED.

In the photo, there are two smaller diameter green-yellow and black-green wires which power the frunk light and the other two larger diameter red and black wires were used to power the 12v power outlet.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian updates website: Two 12v outlets now (none in frunk) for R1T IMG_0995.JPG

I was going to run cables to the battery but seeing that the chassis harness has power run to the connector, I'm going to see if I can source the mate to the connector pictured above and re-wrap the wiring harness to the frunk with power and ground wires for the 12v outlet.
Sponsored

dekeen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (on order)
Occupation
Consultant
I added a 12V outlet in the frunk of my R1S. I used the existing connector (as shown above) and just added connectors and wires to the female side of the connector. Had to take the frunk out (which is really simple) to gain access to run the new wires.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian updates website: Two 12v outlets now (none in frunk) for R1T New Wires

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian updates website: Two 12v outlets now (none in frunk) for R1T New Wires 2

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian updates website: Two 12v outlets now (none in frunk) for R1T new wires 6

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian updates website: Two 12v outlets now (none in frunk) for R1T new wires 3

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian updates website: Two 12v outlets now (none in frunk) for R1T new wires 4

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian updates website: Two 12v outlets now (none in frunk) for R1T new wires 5

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
I agree. This is not a deal breaker but I do hate the fact that I keep losing small things that was a part of the reason I ordered the R1T in the 1st place. Another small loss the yellow emblem on the floor mats. Small, yes but still something lost. Makes one wonder what will be gone next.
They have the yellow emblem gear mats in the gear shop, have 1 set on order and my 120v is in my frunk & gear tunnel..
Vin#19505, 2023.

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
I agree. This is not a deal breaker but I do hate the fact that I keep losing small things that was a part of the reason I ordered the R1T in the 1st place. Another small loss the yellow emblem on the floor mats. Small, yes but still something lost. Makes one wonder what will be gone next.
They have the yellow emblem gear mats in the gear shop, have 1 set on order and my 120v is in my frunk & gear tunnel, 2 magnets on the lower frunk load door and of course-3- 110 outlets . Vin#19505, 2023.

Sponsored

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
They have the yellow emblem gear mats in the gear shop, have 1 set on order and my 120v is in my frunk & gear tunnel..
Vin#19505, 2023.
I forgot to add it came with the Meridian sound system but frankly I like Bose system better…

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
OK. I was thinking another AC outlet in the frunk would be cool.

Sponsored

Soju1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

I picked up the T late March 2023. Vin 198xx
Have frunk 12v but not under the dash. I want 12v under the dash. I used the scosche obd to usb for a phone charging mount so don’t want to draw more power there. Anyone know if the wires are under there? Anyone have pictures or steps to remove the kick panel there?

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

C'mon guys! We need Rivian to survive. If they can cut costs anywhere, they should.
Sponsored