Sponsored

Rivian Wall Charger Stopped Working, Reset Sequence?

gh-r1s

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VW Golf, LR4
Occupation
engineer
Has power but it does not light up. Anyone know a secret reset sequence, or better trouble shooting steps?
Have opened a support ticket, but they don't seem to know anything, so just waiting

I noticed it was just flashing white, and not charging (had been plugged into the vehicle), so I power cycled it on Friday and it hasn't come back since.
I proactively gave them photos of the install, videos of L1/L2 voltages on the multi-meter.

Showed correct voltage and was pulling full amps when the charger did work, which was for less than a week.

The last reported software version was v03.01.47, so I sort of wonder if they bricked it.
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Breaker off then back on

OP
OP
gh-r1s

gh-r1s

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VW Golf, LR4
Occupation
engineer
So they've sent me a warranty return label, I assume this means I'm also getting a new charger soon, but we'll see.

The nearly a week turn around (reported issue last friday) was unfortunate I had given them all this information within a day. I also had to be proactive in following up myself to stay on it. I think part of the problem is the charging team is some different team, so the support people are just playing telephone with them.

Just in case someone else has the same problem and finds this thread, here are some details:

Obviously have your electrician do this if you're not comfortable.
They wanted photos of the entire electrical box with cover off.
They wanted the voltage across L1/L2, I'd sent them a video of L1/L2 individually measured at the charger to neutral which seemed fine. The L1 voltage was bouncing around, L2 was stable, so I assume this was the device causing the drop. (was not our system)
They had asked about making sure it was on WiFi. I knew that it wasn't connecting to WiFi any more because I could see it wasn't showing up on the router, also the device not turning on at all. I'd told them this originally, but they still asked for it several days later.
They asked to confirm the front faceplate plug was in. This was clearly shown in the original photos I had sent them, I had to point that out to the support person.
The one thing that didn't get clarified until the end is they do want to see the inside of the entire electrical box, so that might have been the hold up, the original photo was partial.

Barring some secret reset sequence or hidden breaker, it definitely seemed like a warranty issue from the get go.

MikeB7

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
military
My charger just started the same issue of not powering up after I switched power off at the breaker. The charger is still receiving power, but no light after working fine for 5 months. Did you ever have any resolution?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Sweet. Just now noticing mine isn't charging either after plugging in last night.

This happened last time at the cabin, did a full reset of the truck and reset at the breaker. Worked after doing that.

It's on the WiFi, it even shows "Plugged in." Was there a recent update I don't know about? It's on V03.01.49.

Edit: just kidding, mine is totally fine. The other half didn't push the plug in all the way until seated. I know who's cooking breakfast this morning...

Last edited:
OP
OP
gh-r1s

gh-r1s

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VW Golf, LR4
Occupation
engineer
My charger just started the same issue of not powering up after I switched power off at the breaker. The charger is still receiving power, but no light after working fine for 5 months. Did you ever have any resolution?
I sent it back and they sent me a new one and it's been fine since, they never told me what the issue was.
Do double check it's not a breaker failure and you see 240V across both legs at the charger side, but that's it.
Sponsored