Roof Sunshade (R1T)

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Noted! We had a bit of a breakthrough with the R1S design yesterday, so all being well, we'll have them the right side of summer.
Any more you want to share on this? Need some sun protection for the infant froM the top :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
AO_Pete

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Any more you want to share on this? Need some sun protection for the infant froM the top :)
I thought I'd posted an update, but might have been in another thread. We're really close now, the most recent attempt was about an inch too short, so we're remaking that now, which will hopefully be our production candidate. The good news is that we've upgraded the fabric, so there will not be a need for a separate black-out layer, the mesh now includes a reflective layer. The 'right side of summer' will likely end up being the height of summer, but we're trying! I have a pretty good knack for introducing new products at entirely the wrong time, snow covers in July, for example!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I thought I'd posted an update, but might have been in another thread. We're really close now, the most recent attempt was about an inch too short, so we're remaking that now, which will hopefully be our production candidate. The good news is that we've upgraded the fabric, so there will not be a need for a separate black-out layer, the mesh now includes a reflective layer. The 'right side of summer' will likely end up being the height of summer, but we're trying! I have a pretty good knack for introducing new products at entirely the wrong time, snow covers in July, for example!
Pete, Does this mean the R1T shade will be of similar design (different fabric) when it is back in stock? I’m on the list to be notified when that happens. Thanks!

OP
OP
AO_Pete

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Pete, Does this mean the R1T shade will be of similar design (different fabric) when it is back in stock? I’m on the list to be notified when that happens. Thanks!
No, we still need to do some proper testing on the new fabric, so the next batch of R1T (which is en route to us) will be the same, the batch after that, assuming it works out, will be the newer fabric.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
No, we still need to do some proper testing on the new fabric, so the next batch of R1T (which is en route to us) will be the same, the batch after that, assuming it works out, will be the newer fabric.
Awesome - thank you for that info. Now I have a decision to make. I did like the idea of choosing between total blockage or filtered:headbang:

Sponsored

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
Are these back in stock?

OP
OP
AO_Pete

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
ha there’s like 12,000 threads for every topic in this forum so I might be on the wrong one :). The new fabric sounds awesome.
Sponsored