Sponsored

Roomy exit / entry is awesome for me!

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
While it might not be useful to everyone....for me it's game changer. Thanks Rivian!

Earlier this year I had a bad racing accident where I faceplanted a car into a concrete wall at 110mph. (Video available if ya wanna see a grown man cry!) I now have 10 of 17 lumbar & thoracic vertebrae surgically fused. Still recovering and getting in/out of the r1t has been a pia. This is awesome!!!!!!
Sponsored

Tahoe Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Just reading that sounds very painful.
Spine surgery is serious stuff. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

OP
OP
Kuro-Rivian

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
Just reading that sounds very painful.
Spine surgery is serious stuff. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
Thank you. No risk, no story! Not my first broken back. Got that skiing off the tip of lone peak in the 90s.

Anyways, got a bit excited while testing when I posted this!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Wow. Wishing you a full recovery man. I’ve got hardware in my body from adventures too, but luckily nothing on my spine (yet). Welcome to the club.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
While it might not be useful to everyone....for me it's game changer. Thanks Rivian!

Earlier this year I had a bad racing accident where I faceplanted a car into a concrete wall at 110mph. (Video available if ya wanna see a grown man cry!) I now have 10 of 17 lumbar & thoracic vertebrae surgically fused. Still recovering and getting in/out of the r1t has been a pia. This is awesome!!!!!!
Do you by chance have a second driver? I'm curious how well that works. I've read reports here that before this update, when two authorized drivers enter the vehicle, it can't reliably tell who is actually driving and get the seats right.

Does this behavior improve in any way? Perhaps those people were outliers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kuro-Rivian

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
Do you by chance have a second driver? I'm curious how well that works. I've read reports here that before this update, when two authorized drivers enter the vehicle, it can't reliably tell who is actually driving and get the seats right.

Does this behavior improve in any way? Or perhaps those people were outliers.
No, just me. Not sure how the roomy exit would work with two. Maybe tomorrow if i habe time I'll create another dummy driver (aside from myself :cool:), futz around and report back.

Looks like you'll find out when you get your truck soon (hopefully!).

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass

Does this behavior improve in any way? Perhaps those people were outliers.
It’s a bigger problem with PAAK and proximity recognition I think. My other driver uses the fob and it only has an issue if I approach/enter first.

Sponsored

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
It’s a bigger problem with PAAK and proximity recognition I think. My other driver uses the fob and it only has an issue if I approach/enter first.
Thanks for the feedback. Crazy that you have to be careful of who approaches the car first. Oh well, perfection can indeed be very expensive.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Thanks for the feedback. Crazy that you have to be careful of who approaches the car first. Oh well, perfection can indeed be very expensive.
To be fair my Tesla does the same. Idk if later version implemented more sensors but mine can’t tell who’s driving, even if we each have our respective fobs.

mel

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

Do you know if it is possible to have the seats move forward to make it easier for the dogs to jump in the back?

ThisIsMyHandle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LS FE 22 Dark, Kia EV6 AWD GT-Line
So I hate to revive an old thread, but also see no need to start a new one.

Is this feature working correctly for everyone? In my settings I can enable it, but the options to set behavior are greyed out.

So when I park the seat slides back, but NEVER slides back up. I have had to restore my seat a dozen times so I finally just disabled it and assumed I might be missing something.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
So I hate to revive an old thread, but also see no need to start a new one.

Is this feature working correctly for everyone? In my settings I can enable it, but the options to set behavior are greyed out.

So when I park the seat slides back, but NEVER slides back up. I have had to restore my seat a dozen times so I finally just disabled it and assumed I might be missing something.
Try doing the seat calibration.
Sponsored