Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2006 Cadillac XLR-V
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I installed the secure RTT mounts from Wheel Every Weekend. Vast improvement over the factory ikamper mounts. Solid aluminum brackets with keyed safety nuts. Great product!

Rivian R1T R1S RTT mounts from Wheel Every Weekend 20230425_182915

Rivian R1T R1S RTT mounts from Wheel Every Weekend 20230425_182848
Sponsored

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I installed the secure RTT mounts from Wheel Every Weekend. Vast improvement over the factory ikamper mounts. Solid aluminum brackets with keyed safety nuts. Great product!

20230425_182915.jpg

20230425_182848.jpg
Can you advise as to which set of mounts you picked up? When I checked their site quite a few times last year, they didn't specify any of their mounts that would properly fit the Rivian crossbars. I just checked their site a few min ago and I now see a disabled 'Rivian' option, but I don't know if that means it was available and is now out of stock, or if that means that it is 'Coming Soon'. Did you pick one of the available mounts for another brand of bars?

OP
OP
TeamPJ

TeamPJ

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I bought the second to last set last week.

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I bought the second to last set last week.
Well, it's good to know that Wheel Every Weekend is making Rivian specific mounts now. I'll keep checking their site for when they're available again! Thanks for sharing!

krails

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y

Sponsored

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

20230425_182915.jpg

20230425_182848.jpg
So currently my iKamper Skycamp Mini 3 is installed with the v2 clamps, which have an integrated part that goes in the tent's U-Channel.

Rivian R1T R1S RTT mounts from Wheel Every Weekend 2023-05-21 08_20_01-Mounting Brackets 2.0 – iKamper

In the WEW mounts installation video, I see him placing an aluminum piece on the bolt, is that included with the brackets (can't imagine, as that seems RTT specific), as from your pictures it looks like you just used a washer? If you used a washer, how do you keep the bolt head from spinning??

Rivian R1T R1S RTT mounts from Wheel Every Weekend 2023-05-21 08_16_35-RTT Security Mount Install - YouTube

OP
OP
TeamPJ

TeamPJ

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Clubs

They recommend that you purchase the Ikamper v1 mounts and use the included bolts. I bought some 35mm bolts, fender washers and nord lock washers. Two fender washers seemed sufficient to me. Then I wedged a flat head screwdriver along side the bolt head. Might be easier with two people but I did it myself.
There was some trial and error. I didn't want to buy the Ikamper mounts. I also used the loctite.

k3g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Robotics
They recommend that you purchase the Ikamper v1 mounts and use the included bolts.
I have the v1 mounting kit and it doesn't line up. Upside: I didn't pay for it, it came used along with the v2 mounts when I got the tent used.

Instead, I got these bolts from Ironman, and while pricy for what they are, they work perfectly. Good mountain hardware is worth it to me, especially when the v1 mounting hardware had me needing to bend the bolts a bit.

Last edited:

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

krails

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I have the v1 mounting kit and it doesn't line up. Upside: I didn't pay for it, it came used along with the v2 mounts when I got the tent used.

Instead, I got these bolts from Ironman, and while pricy for what they are, they work perfectly. Good mountain hardware is worth it to me, especially when the v1 mounting hardware had me needing to bend the bolts a bit.
Yeah, the instructions aren’t super clear but you’re supposed to cut the v1 bars in half so you’re using them and the bolts but with the spacing needed for the Rivian bars and WEW mount.

Rivian R1T R1S RTT mounts from Wheel Every Weekend IMG_1018

https://www.wheeleveryweekend.com/blogs/tech/how-to-measure-and-install-rooftop-tent-security-mounts

Sponsored

k3g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Robotics

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

They were out of stock there. But now that I know they are called "Slide Plates" I was able to search for them.

I found these in the process and they are a lot cheaper:

https://www.offroadwarehouse.com/product/rooftop-tent-mount815113/default.aspx

Reactions: k3g

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

Nice find! That's a really good price.
Shipping was $21 to Seattle, but if you happen to live close to one of their shops, you can avoid that. But even with the shipping, it was less than $30 for 8 of the pieces.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
I have these mounts holding my Roofnest Condor Overland - it is so much more secure than the simple plate that came stock. I also applied a thin rubber pad (think bicycle innertube thickness) around my crossbars that they clamp down onto - probably not needed, but I figured why not. I'm using the slide plate that came with the Roofnest.
Sponsored