First Name
Rodolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Finance

Very positive review, although nothing new really.
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Was a good review and more detailed about rear seat room which was good for above average sized adults. I hope he drives the R1S and compares it to the T as there have been several reviews adversely comparing the S to the T.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Let me guess - he feels it has too many door panel clips? :giggle:

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Very positive review, although nothing new really.
Little bit of an understatement, I would say an effusive review!

Sandy loves his R1T (having previously stated it may be the last vehicle he purchases for personal use), yet goes out of his way to say that he would consider trading to the R1S not once but twice during the video.

He also comes out with this little gem: "I think we have a new benchmark here for SUVs."

I just hope Rivian doesn't listen to him and make the cargo rails an optional extra before my wife gets hers.

Sponsored

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
The color and wheel combo is sharp and has me rethinking mine but I am scared to change my configuration and suffer further delay. I'll feel this way every day until I get one.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Let me guess - he feels it has too many door panel clips? :giggle:
And too many tie-downs in the rear. Luckily Rivian has beat him to the punch for that one.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
And too many tie-downs in the rear. Luckily Rivian has beat him to the punch for that one.
Not just too many tie downs, he suggested the rails the tie downs slide into should be an extra cost item because they are relatively pricey components to manufacture.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Not just too many tie downs, he suggested the rails the tie downs slide into should be an extra cost item because they are relatively pricey components to manufacture.
I didn't actually watch the video, thanks. I appreciate Sandy's obvious one-upsmanship.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I really do think those of us who got reservations in before the price increase are getting an all time great deal on the R1S. My excitement continues to grow.

Sponsored

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
I like the part where Sandy says the idea that EV’s will only last 100K miles is BS. He says there are EV’s that are lasting 500K, 600K, 700K and, even, a million miles, on the same battery. He says the R1S will last forever.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
.. (Sandy) says there are EV’s that are lasting 500K, 600K, 700K and, even, a million miles, on the same battery.
Is that for real?
I know Elon said his pre-"million mile" batteries and vehicles were designed for 500,000 miles.. but I'm not aware any EV with close to that many miles (with their original battery) actually existed?

There is a guy in Europe who's driven his 2014 Model S 1,000,000 miles.. but he's on his 3rd battery and 8th motor.

Last edited:

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Is that for real?
I know Elon said his pre-"million mile" batteries and vehicles were designed for 500,000 miles.. but I'm not aware any EV with close to that many miles (with their original battery) actually existed?
He said it, not me. EV’s have been around for quite few years now, so who knows? Clearly, the batteries are lasting longer and longer, due to tech changes. For me, the point was, EV’s have the potential to be incredibly reliable over many, many, many miles.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Sorry @Singletracker .. wasn't directing the question at you, but maybe someone here knows of an EV with so many miles on it's original battery? I think Sandy might have just tossed out that statement without really being sure if it's true or not.
1,000,000 miles on the original battery would be incredible.