Sponsored

Should the tie downs on the roof have the same rubber inserts as the truck bed?

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Not sure what to call these, luggage clips, tie downs, something or other?

Rivian R1T R1S Should the tie downs on the roof have the same rubber inserts as the truck bed? PXL_20230207_005828708
Rivian R1T R1S Should the tie downs on the roof have the same rubber inserts as the truck bed? PXL_20230207_005757915
Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Should they as in you disagree with Rivian's decision? Or should they as in you think your truck has a mistake? (it doesn't)

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
I think they should as it looks like something's missing when looking at the same type of connection on the same vehicle. I wonder if it's something they just stopped including, like the power outlet in the front trunk, etc. I'm sure they figure no one's going to be up there looking at it but the area underneath looks exposed, unfinished, not intended. Just wondering if all the trucks are that way.

Last edited:

Gee Bee

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
I could die cut a silicone gasket to go between them if you want, just need a sample

Iam in the die cutting gasket/ seal business

there was no seal between the carbon fiber panel and frame on my HPC Rev XX

it’s a 10k watt mtn bike

Rivian R1T R1S Should the tie downs on the roof have the same rubber inserts as the truck bed? ECE35810-5D67-47CB-B6E4-F38A1A9535B5

Rivian R1T R1S Should the tie downs on the roof have the same rubber inserts as the truck bed? 5EF18FFC-E41B-4182-B5CA-7C4A958860D0

Rivian R1T R1S Should the tie downs on the roof have the same rubber inserts as the truck bed? 5784AB23-CB43-438C-B055-F1C96F9024D5

Rivian R1T R1S Should the tie downs on the roof have the same rubber inserts as the truck bed? 13E4E9C3-29B8-4CEA-A303-409E4BEB0F3F

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
That is cool. How long do the dies last?

If Rivian hangs around long enough, maybe we'll just be able to order parts, if somebody really wanted them. Like I said you can't see them. It just looks like they're missing when you go up there to clean the glass or whatever. If they asked I would have paid a couple of bucks to have them in there but I'm weird. I've got a laundry list of bigger issues I'm trying to get them to fix.

Sponsored

Gee Bee

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
I will be mfg a silicone seal for the step for the tunnel, I have many ideas.

40 years doing aircraft products.

GB

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
So your saying my R1T top roof mounts shouldn't look like this? I've had the truck 8 days...

IMG-5670.jpg
I was intrigued. My 10 month old truck’s roof top mounts looks like the OP’s post. Yours looks like it’s missing the inlay.

Rivian R1T R1S Should the tie downs on the roof have the same rubber inserts as the truck bed? CB2F1671-1274-4124-A795-5E8E34108D2A

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
I was intrigued. My 10 month old truck’s roof top mounts looks like the OP’s post. Yours looks like it’s missing the inlay.

CB2F1671-1274-4124-A795-5E8E34108D2A.jpeg
Thanks for posting! I'm very curious as to what quality control exists at the end of the factory assembly line to miss something like this.

Zool

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul EV
So your saying my R1T top roof mounts shouldn't look like this? I've had the truck 8 days...

IMG-5670.jpg

I've had my R1T for a nearly a week and just noticed it's missing the insert on the roof as well. It looks like yours is a bit rusty under there. Have you reached out to service about this?

Sponsored

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T , Tesla Model 3
Well..
Either its missing, because they missed it... Or it fell out.
Or they cost cutted it.
Any way you slice it, not great.

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
I've had my R1T for a nearly a week and just noticed it's missing the insert on the roof as well. It looks like yours is a bit rusty under there. Have you reached out to service about this?
Yes, scheduled in end of month. Will update with the outcome. I'm hoping the minor rust pitting is dealt with and not just a few pieces of plastic thrown in. We will see...

Zool

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul EV
Yes, scheduled in end of month. Will update with the outcome. I'm hoping the minor rust pitting is dealt with and not just a few pieces of plastic thrown in. We will see...

Are you having some other issues looked at as well? An annoying thing to have to go back to Richmond for. Please do let me know how it turns out.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
FYI - my 173xx 2023 R1T (12/22 build) does not have the roof plastic pieces either. This appears to be a cost cutting measure, along with the removed 12V in Frunk.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
For a lot of folks a vehicle is a very expensive purchase. I don't know why they can't just have a page on their site that let people know what the vehicle currently comes with. They reserved the right to change whatever they want, fine. They really need to let people know what options, features or trim is going to be included with their $80,000 plus vehicle. Whether it's removing a power connector in the front trunk or exchanging wood pieces for plastic, not color matching the speaker grills (that to this day they still show in the pictures on their website) or plastic protective inserts in the tie downs.
Sponsored

Last edited: