First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Do you/anyone have a picture of how you fit the Bodega 36 in the trunk? I tried putting mine in there and it looked uncomfortably tight. Only if I open the bottom section and put it in tilted on its side did it look ok to attempt to close the frunk lol. I didn’t want to break anything
I use mine exclusively in the truck bed. Two tie-downs and you are good to go.
Sponsored

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

did you ever get the bodega 36 to fit in the frunk? on paper it works and there is a recess in the frunk liner (bottom of lid). curious.

keenanj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, C8 Corvette, VW Tiguan
Occupation
tech entrepreneur
I just ordered the Bodega 36L off Amazon for $280 (Black Friday sale). I don’t have the truck yet, but does anyone know if this will fit in the gear tunnel? It’s 14.5” high and 14.2” wide. Thanks
did the bodega fit in the gear tunnel? can you open the lid from the pass through?

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
did the bodega fit in the gear tunnel? can you open the lid from the pass through?
Nope. It wont fit at all. But I think you'd have to go pretty small to have enough space to open the cooler door and pull something out.

keenanj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
tech entrepreneur
It looks like this one will fit the gear tunnel and frunk it is not true dual zone but can have large compartment as freezer and small as refrigerated. And at 1/2 the price of the iceco.

BODEGA 12 Volt Car Refrigerator, 20 Quart

https://amzn.to/3m1HE5q

Sponsored

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
It looks like this one will fit the gear tunnel and frunk it is not true dual zone but can have large compartment as freezer and small as refrigerated. And at 1/2 the price of the iceco.

BODEGA 12 Volt Car Refrigerator, 20 Quart

https://amzn.to/3m1HE5q
iceco prices have gone up.
I paid $359.20 in July '22 during a sale of some sort … they have frequent sales.
The freezer is all about the durability of the compressor, electronics and the insulated box.
I've had the iceco 42 bouncing around in the back of my pickup since 2020.
Look for a Danfoss / SECOP compressor – significantly more energy efficient and quiet.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
did you ever get the bodega 36 to fit in the frunk? on paper it works and there is a recess in the frunk liner (bottom of lid). curious.
I'm considering this also, and would like to know if anyone can confirm the 36 Bodega will fit in the frunk with the shelf in place.

trmaier

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro Hybrid, R1T El Cap, BM
Clubs

I'm considering this also, and would like to know if anyone can confirm the 36 Bodega will fit in the frunk with the shelf in place.
Bumping this to see if anyone has tried the 36 Bodega in the frunk. Would love something with additional capacity like the 36 in the frunk. Anyone have any other coolers they've gotten to fit in the frunk?

keenanj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
tech entrepreneur
I ended up getting ICECO GO20 https://amzn.to/3UTbFS9

And love it!

I have it behind the passenger seat on the floor and plugged into the rear 120v outlet. Easy access and no moving around.

When out shopping I simply turn on the outlets for a few hours and the compressor starts really easy for wifey.

I have a video of it here

Last edited:

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

My Ice co20 stays in my frunk loaded with drinks 24-7 also nice if I'm far from home and buy perishables its great.

Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Bumping this to see if anyone has tried the 36 Bodega in the frunk. Would love something with additional capacity like the 36 in the frunk. Anyone have any other coolers they've gotten to fit in the frunk?
I just ordered the Bodega 36 and will report back once I receive it.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I'm going to start mounting my Icego on the roof and I will drill a hole through the roof glass to access 12V power. If I need a drink while I am driving I can just engage D+ and reach up there and grab it... Thoughts?

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I ended up getting ICECO GO20 https://amzn.to/3UTbFS9

And love it!

I have it behind the passenger seat on the floor and plugged into the rear 120v outlet. Easy access and no moving around.

When out shopping I simply turn on the outlets for a few hours and the compressor starts really easy for wifey.

I have a video of it here
Any idea how much energy is used using this for say 24 hrs straight?

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I'm going to start mounting my Icego on the roof and I will drill a hole through the roof glass to access 12V power. If I need a drink while I am driving I can just engage D+ and reach up there and grab it... Thoughts?
You would have to have some long arms I would mount it to the outside of the drivers door. Then if your having adult beverages while driver + is taking you some where you can argue there were no beverages in the vehicle and you weren't actually driving any way.

keenanj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
tech entrepreneur
Any idea how much energy is used using this for say 24 hrs straight?
Very little maybe 1-2 percent to power up the inverter and the 20-40W the cooler uses. You have to enable the outlets anyway to keep the 12v on so why not use the 120v it stays connected way better than a lighter plug.
Sponsored